FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

• Premium Member
$9,900 @ Pete's Cycles in Baltimore with 20% off accessories for the remainder of month.

1 2PP-F84H0-V0-00 YA PYA SADDLEBAG LEFT - HA $319.99
1 2PP-F84H0-T0-00 YA PYA SADDLEBAG RIGHT - HA $319.99
1 2PP-F84G0-V0-00 YA PYA HARD SADDLEBAG MOUNT $75.19
1 5P5-28406-01-00 YA PYA 28406 FJR SIDE CASE & TRUN $63.99
1 2PP-F48D0-V0-00 YA PYA REAR RACK $136.79

Item Total $1,144.95
Less Discount $229.00
Shipping/Handling $0.00
Sales Tax $54.96
Amount Paid Now $970.91

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was looking around and negotiating with a dealer in the Portland, Oregon area but I got mine from power motorsports in Sublimity, Oregon when I saw a craigslist ad for $8999.  I called them and confirmed the deal and told them I would be by the next day to pick up a bike.  They didn't need a deposit and said they would hold and prep a bike for me. There were no added fees like freight or setup. Oregon has no sales tax. The only additional charge was DMV, as expected and discussed in advance. The bike was clean and prep'd outside when I arrived with my name on it and the entire transaction took less than an hour. These guys were great to deal with. I highly recommend them.

I was looking around and negotiating with a dealer in the Portland, Oregon area but I got mine from power motorsports in Sublimity, Oregon when I saw a craigslist ad for $8999.  I called them and confirmed the deal and told them I would be by the next day to pick up a bike.  They didn't need a deposit and said they would hold and prep a bike for me. There were no added fees like freight or setup. Oregon has no sales tax. The only additional charge was DMV, as expected and discussed in advance. The bike was clean and prep'd outside when I arrived with my name on it and the entire transaction took less than an hour. These guys were great to deal with. I highly recommend them.

Got mine from the same place about 4 months ago. Paid 400 more then you did so I would say you got a smokin deal. Congrats on the new bike.

Got mine from Power Motorsport in Sublimity OR for $8,999 as well in Matt Grey.
I paid $10, 500, plus or minus.  But I bought it in December of 2014 and it now has 19,000 miles on it.  :)  Just think of all the fun you could have been having.  :):D;)::)>:D:-X P-) 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 2 weeks later...
OTD price = Price of motorcycle, dealer prep, dealer charges and any other tacked on dealer expenses. OTD does not include license, title and associated fees, taxes, any accessories added to the bike like heated grips, side bags, etc., This is if we want to compare the base price of the FJ-09. Now it would be nice if the other costs were included for general information. 
Here is a little Zen when it comes to buying a motorcycle. Don't feel bad about what you paid. The fun and experience you gain from riding will more than enough make you feel good about the motorcycle. We don't all have the bargaining skills to work the dealer down, and not all dealers are willing to work with you on lowering the price. You should feel good about the deal or you shouldn't make it. You don't want to start out on a bad note. Knowing that you could have done better is useful for future dealings, not the one you made, so feel good about the deal you made and get the good feelings from riding the motorcycle.

redfj - that's a great positive way to look at buying a bike, car - whatever. I'm always in search of the best deal. Perhaps time to step back, realize it's just money and enjoy the experience. Much appreciated :)

Short version, a tad under 10k OTD (meaning excluding tax, tag and title) in Rome, GA

Long version:... I went to a few dealers and contacted a few others... and I got quite upset in the process. It felt like they didn´t want to sell me a bike. The first dealer gave me a price of around 12800 OTD (so, excluding tax, tag and title) and then said I should shop around, and when I get a better price call him and he will match the lowest price.

At the second dealer I was told I will get their "best quote" within five minutes. After an hour I got bored and left to go to a used bike dealer, came back another hour later and asked if they were actually going to make me an offer or not. Got somewhere around 10,300 OTD.

Called the dealer closest to me, he said he is not going to make me a competetive offer unless I have written proof of that OTD price, and then hang up on me.

Mailed out to a few dealers around, all high price except one.

So I ended up buying my bike in Rome, GA for a bit under 10k OTD. I probably could have gotten a lower price, but at this point I wanted to honor that they gave me a decent price right away. I also called the first dealer who said would price match just to see. Said he´d call me back. Never did.

I liked the shop in Rome, seemed like genuine people to me. They had all paperwork prepared, took no time at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived