• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my Quoted OTD Price for mine at Hillview Motorsports in Latrobe PA:
$8,979.00 Sale Price
+$375.00 Freight/Setup
+$654.78 7% Sales Tax
+$184.00 Plate Transfer, Title, Reg, etc...
$10,192.78 Out the door

That is their listed MSRP so nothing special for me, although I will see what I can do as they want $700 on the YES (they say they give $100 off every service normally $200), and know they can get met %15 off accessories since I will be purchasing through them. I will likely be picking the bike up on Saturday after my test ride.

Here is my Quoted OTD Price for mine at Hillview Motorsports in Latrobe PA: $8,979.00 Sale Price
+$375.00 Freight/Setup
+$654.78 7% Sales Tax
+$184.00 Plate Transfer, Title, Reg, etc...
$10,192.78 Out the door

That is their listed MSRP so nothing special for me, although I will see what I can do as they want $700 on the YES (they say they give $100 off every service normally $200), and know they can get met %15 off accessories since I will be purchasing through them. I will likely be picking the bike up on Saturday after my test ride.
That is actually a very good price!  You're getting it out the door for $300 less than the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP).  Believe me, it's a good deal!  

Thanks for the OTD info.  I doubt one could ever get that good of a deal in California.  Congrats on the bike.
Hi Pat,
As I posted elsewhere in this thread, I paid $10,600 out-the-door (including tax and eveything, didn't add any accessories) at Palm Springs Motorsports, which was about the best deal I could get from anybody that I checked with.  They have two gray ones in stock, FYI, although one they use as a demonstrator.   

Yes, $10,200 is a very good price. Best I've come up with in CA is $10,700 with 8.225% CA state admin fee included. Some dealers have sold out of their initial allotment. Congrats on your purchase.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

After reading a bunch of this thread I realize I got my FJ for a pretty good price. I bought during the Canadian PDP period so got soft bags as part of the deal. I had the dealer swap the OEM tires for Conti TKC80s, bought the low seat and the OEM heated grips.

The whole package which included accessories and $400 PDI/FRT - OTD $11,650.00 cnd ( $9590.00 usd ).
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

$11,400 OTD at Wilson's motorcycles in Fresno with a decent Helmet and Jacket thrown in. I confirmed the Simi Valley OTD price of 10,900 also and almost made the drive down there. I decided my local dealer's price was decent and I like to support local shops.

I paid the full RRP of £8,150, then there was another £150 for registration & 12 months VED. Then they stuck me for £45 documentation charge.... what a rip off little money spinner that is.

But I was happy with the price I paid, cos they gave me £7K trade in for my 3 & 1/2 yr old S10, which was about a grand over what I was expecting.
Also I got labour free on first service and had a rack thrown in.

OTD Price of $12.3k. Didn't really have much choice as I just moved to Hawaii and there are no dealerships with these bikes on the islands. Had to special order one with a deposit. Haven't signed the final paperwork yet, but would have loved to get a better price since when I ordered my STI back in 2013 in Colorado I was able to get that at "invoice," figured I could get hooked up here as well...

I hate seeing this as I paid the full price, although I argued somewhat about the old bike which I part exchanged. I should have sold it, but then, thinking about staying at home to wait for interested buyers and worrying about test rides I though I'd take the easiest option. Clearly also the most expensive one...
I asked my local dealer for his best cash price with the accessories requested. We agreed a figure around £8500. Then I asked what he would offer as a trade in based on that price. Checked with another dealer where I used to live and they were not able to compete with the deal offered. In the 2 weeks before collection in the 1st week of March I advertised the bike on a few forums, like you not wanting to have the aggro of advertising in classifieds and dealing with tyre kicking morons. Nobody was interested in the price I was asking which was what the dealer offered plus 10%, so I went for the trade in.  
I think my poor dealer is going to get his fingers burnt on the trade in bike, a 2011 Super Tenere. It is 4 years old with 20,000 miles and they are trying to sell it for £7495 when you can have a new one, all be it a 2014 model, for £10k. This was the dilemma for the other dealer as he was reluctant to take a Super Tenere into used stock.
I traded in a 2011 S10..... The dealer then had it up for £8,800 !! Jokers.

OTD Price of $12.3k. Didn't really have much choice as I just moved to Hawaii and there are no dealerships with these bikes on the islands. Had to special order one with a deposit. Haven't signed the final paperwork yet, but would have loved to get a better price since when I ordered my STI back in 2013 in Colorado I was able to get that at "invoice," figured I could get hooked up here as well...
I've had mine for 1,000 miles now and as a frequent visitor to Hawaii (Oahu, where I assume you bought yours) I can tell you this will be a GREAT bike for riding around the island. Light, powerful.  But good luck with that north shore bumper to bumper traffic! 

• Premium Member
I paid the full RRP of £8,150, then there was another £150 for registration & 12 months VED. Then they stuck me for £45 documentation charge.... what a rip off little money spinner that is. 
But I was happy with the price I paid, cos they gave me £7K trade in for my 3 & 1/2 yr old S10, which was about a grand over what I was expecting.
Which dealer? Bransons? 
I had a 5 year old S10 which I traded in at Skellerns in Cheltenham. They offered me £6450 for a bike with nearly 20,000 miles which was more than I could get selling privately. 2 months later, they still have not sold the bike for £7495! As some dealers are offering unregistered 2014 spec S10s for under £10k it is no surprise.

I'm quite often riding around the Cotswolds if you want to meet up one day. Somewhere like the AV8 cafe at the Kemble airport, maybe?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Which dealer? Bransons? 
I had a 5 year old S10 which I traded in at Skellerns in Cheltenham. They offered me £6450 for a bike with nearly 20,000 miles which was more than I could get selling privately. 2 months later, they still have not sold the bike for £7495! As some dealers are offering unregistered 2014 spec S10s for under £10k it is no surprise.

I'm quite often riding around the Cotswolds if you want to meet up one day. Somewhere like the AV8 cafe at the Kemble airport, maybe?
Yeah Bransons..... they now have it up for £8,800.... dreamers. I only paid £10K for it brand new from Fowlers back in 2011.If I'm ever going up that way i'll give you a shout...... done the Ogri rally at Kemble airfield quite a few times. 

Archived