FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I want to thank everyone for this thread. It really helped knowing what they could be bought for. Last night I went to my local dealer (10 minutes from my house) they had a gray one on the floor. I took a check in for $10350 and said this is for that FJ 09 and in about 5 minutes I had a bike :). When I picked it up this morning and completed the paperwork I added the 4 year Yamaha extended warranty for $550 ...so a total of 10900 OTD. I think you can get the Y E S online for 450, but oh well I am happy. The dealer seemed pretty happy with deal as well.

Jon

I am "just" tall enough.  I am not on my toes but I am not flat footed.  Enough to be stable but I may do the lower seat for extra stability sake on not so level surfaces.  I am in Missouri and it is in the single digits here with a snow storm.  
I have already ordered my Denali Driving Lights.  The on thing I miss from my old bike!  Can't wait for at least double digit weather so I can ride.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, great job man. that's a good deal OTD!
Wow, I bet that dealers hate this damn thread! lol ha ha ha!
I sent out emails to 7 different dealerships and visited 2 this past Saturday in Atlanta, EVERY one of them quoted me the same price of $10,345 OTD with heated grips. One of my local dealers, SYD, quoted me $300 less because Yamaha has a $300 rebate/credit on accessories if you buy a new bike lowering the price to $10,045. Be sure to ask for your $300 credit!!!

I'm reading all the posts here and I've got to say "I hate everyone of you guys!" Just kidding, but some of you got some great deals. I was the first to get one in the Knoxville, TN area so I paid MSRP. Mine was $12,800.00 otd and that included 4 yr YES warranty and the OEM sidecases.  I read on another forum that one is not to fret about what one pays in comparison to what someone else paid. If you like your machine then you got a great deal. As something of a consolation the dealer did give me $1000 more for my trade than the dealer across town and the Yamaha dealer doesn't even sell that machine which the across town dealer does.

I'm reading all the posts here and I've got to say "I hate everyone of you guys!" Just kidding, but some of you got some great deals. I was the first to get one in the Knoxville, TN area so I paid MSRP. Mine was $12,800.00 otd and that included 4 yr YES warranty and the OEM sidecases.  I read on another forum that one is not to fret about what one pays in comparison to what someone else paid. If you like your machine then you got a great deal. As something of a consolation the dealer did give me $1000 more for my trade than the dealer across town and the Yamaha dealer doesn't even sell that machine which the across town dealer does.
Never worry over what someone else pays, I was prepared to pay full boat and not bat an eye. Keep in mind that mine does not include taxes since I bought in Ga. and live in Tn., so add about 700 to the final price. We need to hook up around Deals Gap and ride the Skyway a time or two when it warms up, I'm in Chattanooga. If I wasn't paying cash, I would have received no discount at all. You can worry yourself to death over a couple hundred dollars and life is too short for that.

One of my local dealers, SYD, quoted me $300 less because Yamaha has a $300 rebate/credit on accessories if you buy a new bike lowering the price to $10,045. Be sure to ask for your $300 credit!!!

how did you learn about this rebate/credit? is it something that yamaha publishes, or is it something you only learn about if your dealer feels like mentioning it?

One of my local dealers, SYD, quoted me $300 less because Yamaha has a $300 rebate/credit on accessories if you buy a new bike lowering the price to $10,045. Be sure to ask for your $300 credit!!!
how did you learn about this rebate/credit? is it something that yamaha publishes, or is it something you only learn about if your dealer feels like mentioning it?
I would ask for it. I sent out several emails and went to two dealerships and they all gave me the same price, $10,345 with the grips. I asked my local dealer if they could do better because I would have just bought in ATL and just dropped it off at Traxxion Dynamics on the same trip. They then offered the $300 and I said that was fine. It was like all the dealers in the ATL area have a list they go off for pricing, or they were keeping the $300 credit for themselves.

Hey everyone.

My pops are I are most likely picking up 2 FJ-09's in the next couple of weeks, and my cousin may also be picking up an FZ. Does anyone have some figures in So Cal for FJ's? or great dealers that they worked with? Also, I've never negotiated a % off of accessories, but know that some do this. Is that usually negotiated for accessories purchase, or maybe even 60-90 days out in case you wanted to make some additions to your new toy?

Archived