• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

• Premium Member
A UK dealer is advertising new MT09 Tracers at £7495 - now if that is the on the road price then this is a bargain, and a surprise as the bike is selling well and will normally be over £8200 on the road. Dealer is Robinsons of Rochdale.

£7495 is Aus$ 14,386, Can $14,063, $11,148 or JPY 1,327,993 using xe.com 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
A UK dealer is advertising new MT09 Tracers at £7495 - now if that is the on the road price then this is a bargain, and a surprise as the bike is selling well and will normally be over £8200 on the road. Dealer is Robinsons of Rochdale. 
Any links to the advert ?
I don't know which browser you are using, or if on a phone or tablet, but in Chrome, the first line of my post is in blue and underlined - this is a clickable link to the vendor's Ebay shop 
Edit: If that does not work, go to Ebay and look for item 151545385224
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I got £8050 inc Road tax and reg so about £200 off, also set of heated grips inc fitting thrown in and the 1st service parts only- but I think thats was cos I was buying the fast one, and they had stock at Yamaha.
Did actualy think about getting it abroad as they are £7k in France so prob same in Belgium but full power- but the speedo is Km only and warranty and insurance can be a little more tricky if its imported.
That is a good deal but probably plus £100 for reg and Tax and no deal on service or grips.

For those of you in Tyrone PA or there about, this appears to be a wonderful price @ Unlimited Cycle Center. Not sure if any tactics to up sell once you get in there but maybe worth a try. Says PA residents $10,024.44 OTD and non PA residents $9363.00 OTD. Ebay item # 331506760969 to view.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
I hate seeing this as I paid the full price, although I argued somewhat about the old bike which I part exchanged. I should have sold it, but then, thinking about staying at home to wait for interested buyers and worrying about test rides I though I'd take the easiest option. Clearly also the most expensive one...

• Premium Member
I hate seeing this as I paid the full price, although I argued somewhat about the old bike which I part exchanged. I should have sold it, but then, thinking about staying at home to wait for interested buyers and worrying about test rides I though I'd take the easiest option. Clearly also the most expensive one...
I asked my local dealer for his best cash price with the accessories requested. We agreed a figure around £8500. Then I asked what he would offer as a trade in based on that price. Checked with another dealer where I used to live and they were not able to compete with the deal offered. In the 2 weeks before collection in the 1st week of March I advertised the bike on a few forums, like you not wanting to have the aggro of advertising in classifieds and dealing with tyre kicking morons. Nobody was interested in the price I was asking which was what the dealer offered plus 10%, so I went for the trade in.  
I think my poor dealer is going to get his fingers burnt on the trade in bike, a 2011 Super Tenere. It is 4 years old with 20,000 miles and they are trying to sell it for £7495 when you can have a new one, all be it a 2014 model, for £10k. This was the dilemma for the other dealer as he was reluctant to take a Super Tenere into used stock.

Any links to the advert ?
I don't know which browser you are using, or if on a phone or tablet, but in Chrome, the first line of my post is in blue and underlined - this is a clickable link to the vendor's Ebay shop 

Sorry missed that lol I will find out what the catch is tomorrow with this deal.

For those of you in Tyrone PA or there about, this appears to be a wonderful price @ Unlimited Cycle Center. Not sure if any tactics to up sell once you get in there but maybe worth a try. Says PA residents $10,024.44 OTD and non PA residents $9363.00 OTD. Ebay item # 331506760969 to view.
I contacted them thru eBay to ask if there were any other "fees" , never got a reply, and with a 50% feedback rating I'd be cautious dealing with them.  Maybe someone local to them may have better info. Their buy-it-now price of $8,976 is inviting, but I believe there is more to it.

Sorry missed that lol I will find out what the catch is tomorrow with this deal.

It was a pre reg demo and is sold if it even existed lol

I contacted them thru eBay to ask if there were any other "fees" , never got a reply, and with a 50% feedback rating I'd be cautious dealing with them.  Maybe someone local to them may have better info. Their buy-it-now price of $8,976 is inviting, but I believe there is more to it.

I saw the feedback rating. Looked mostly like the parts department. I didn't see anything about sales on the negative side. There's a phone number. Maybe worth calling the guy. I assume maybe they are a closed Sunday and Monday type of dealer perhaps. I know mine is.  

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

They are advertising on the description an OTD price with or without PA sales taxe. If I were closer, I'd find out and let you all know for sure. But I'm 2,000 miles away.

07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
I ordered mine feb 7th for € 9500. Delivery should be around may 15th....
blimey, that's 7000 quid - are tax rates that much lower in Belgium? I know they used to be and we had a lot of parallel imports to the UK at one time but I thought the playing field was levelled now?

Archived