FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

I purchased my 2015 FJ-09 yesterday at Pasadena Yamaha in California!!!

My cost was 11,000 OTD - Then I added bags which took it up to 11,800 Final Price.

There was another review in this thread that bashed Pasadena Yamaha pretty hard, I don't think that member approached them with the amount of research I had done. I called them and they gave me a price of $13,692, then I called 5 other dealers and came back with the best price I could find. ($10,950 but 2 hours away) Pasadena Yamaha gave me the 11k price and I showed up the next day. The salesman Jeff is a rider and pretty honest and straight forward.

I am very happy, $11,800 with the bags in CA felt pretty good. I live in the highest tax area of the state.

I am planning on going back for an dirt bike very soon.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just bought my FJ09 Saturday in Philly area.  Dealer had it at list 10,400, but there was a 500 off sale, then a 500 rebate.  So I got it at 9,400.  Bu they I paid 900 for the bags.  Still a great deal.  Rode all weekend.  Very happy.  No auto cancelling turn signals???

• Premium Member
$9490 OTD, not counting DMV fees or accessories.

The other bike I was considering was the Versys 1000LT. The dealer where I bought mine is both a Kawasaki and Yamaha shop. They have plenty of FJ-09s in stock and are marking them down, but they had only a couple of Versyses (Versees?) In stock and weren't budging on price. I don't know if the Versys is in higher demand or if Kawasaki's supply is just tight.

• Premium Member
No auto cancelling turn signals???
I've never seen that feature on anything except HDs.
They're on a number of motorcycles at this point, like the BMW R1200GS.  (I was hoping I could find a list, but that one I knew off the top of my head.) 
I'm kind of mixed on that feature.  On the one hand, I hate the idea that I'm riding around with the thing blinking.  On the other, this is less dangerous than it turning the signal off when it is supposed to be on, just because I happened to be in super slow traffic while approaching the corner or something like that.  On the whole, I'm ok with having learned to push the cancel button periodically "just to be sure".

If you really want that feature you can add it to any motorcycle with a Signal Dynamics module for $70ish:

http://www.amazon.com/Signal-Dynamics-Motorcycle-Self-Cancelling-Module/dp/B0039X2PQM

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• 2 weeks later...
If we want to compare apples-to-apples, please leave out taxes, delivery, prep, and all the other garbage ;)

Looks like the bottom-line is $9,400... congrats!   I payed $9,700 in Atlanta, and Boy, did I have to work at it!! Threatened to walk once, and actually walked out the door the 2nd time before they came a-runnin' 8-) This thread helped me get there!

Brian

• Premium Member
If we want to compare apples-to-apples, please leave out taxes, delivery, prep, and all the other garbage ;)
Actually I think you should include prep and delivery because some dealers charge those and some don't. They're basically just fake fees to pad dealer profit. But yeah, leave off the taxes/gov't fees.

• Premium Member
Actually I think you should include prep and delivery because some dealers charge those and some don't. They're basically just fake fees to pad dealer profit. But yeah, leave off the taxes/gov't fees.

Agreed. OTD - maybe without sales tax since that carries with state - is almost that matters. If a dealer charged $6000 in fees but $6001 OTD, is be OK with that.

Archived