Nominate a pic for front page !!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Greetings 'behappy' from another Seattle-area FJ rider. I intend to ride the North Cascades highway soon. I have managed to ride about 11,800 miles in 14 months of ownership, all in Washington, but haven't been on that road yet. The North Cascades highway is a curvy mountain road, but not a twisty road. It is a state highway after all, the first national scenic highway in the US. 
My favorite ride so far is from Randle to Windy Ridge viewpoint on the east side of Mt St Helens. Wow, that is a twisty ride and lots of fun with the FJ09. I went on a weekday without much traffic and had the road to myself with no-one to slow me down. I think the speed limit was around 25-35 for the 35 miles from Randle to Windy Ridge because of the non-stop tight turns. The FJ09 felt comfortable at speeds considerably faster. Did I mention it is a fun ride?

Washington has a wide variety of roads for those who haven't sampled them. Straight, flat, hills, mountain passes, gentle curves, really twisty, coastal, desert. You can go out for one day and hit all of them, and the FJ09 can handle all of them. What a great bike. 

P1030011.jpg

• Premium Member
Green Bank, WV 

Awesome, we were just up there a few weeks ago. Neat place.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Archived