$$$

• Supporting Member

That makes two of us.  I think I'm done every day. Now contemplating new levers. Gotta spend that stimulus money. 

But we could be doing worse, right... 😁 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

That makes two of us.  I think I'm done every day. Now contemplating new levers. Gotta spend that stimulus money. 

But we could be doing worse, right... 😁 

That’s so funny! I literally wrote that message right after buying a set of new levers. 🤦‍♂️

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

That’s so funny! I literally wrote that message right after buying a set of new levers. 🤦‍♂️

Be careful...  levers and radiator guards are the gateway drugs to heavier spending.   Today it’s a dual USB outlet; tomorrow it’s R1 brakes and a triple-adjustable shock.  😇

• Thumbsup 3
  • Haha 2

Don't forget $$$ or maybe $,$$$ :-)

Clicked on this thread just after looking at the the new leavers thread!

This comes the day after Apple's new product announcements - I watched, wished and drooled.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

So what does that entail exactly? Rotors, spacers, calipers, and master cylinder? And, of course lines. 

My set up is 320mm rotors, pads, caliper spacers, and steel lines.   The calipers and master cylinder are still the stock FJ components.   

I went with EBC rotors to fit a 2016 R1, but you can also use OEM Yamaha R1 rotors and save a few bucks.   EBC HH pads.   Unfortunately, the spacers may be hard to source, since I got them as part of a group purchase here on the forum several years ago, and the member that made them is no longer around here.  I recall someone else making up a few sets more recently... does anyone remember who that was?   @roadrash83, maybe?  

It’s a nice setup, and is a noticeable upgrade from the stock brakes on my 2015 FJ.  I don’t think anything changed with the stock brakes on the newer Tracers, so it should be equally as effective on the new bikes as well.    Honestly, just swapping to good HH pads would be a big help, but I’m kind of a hardware junkie and am glad I did the rest of the big brake components as well. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I’ll be your tour guide for today...  

031A75BE-8B51-43A5-8E00-265CC0D68563.thumb.jpeg.0a36310ae83ace92c2613afd56e26a6a.jpeg

Any reason for the crossed brake lines @texscottyd ? They look like they would more naturally fit the clamps if the lines were parallel to each other.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, BBB said:

Any reason for the crossed brake lines @texscottyd ? They look like they would more naturally fit the clamps if the lines were parallel to each other.

After careful research and consideration, I have zero clue why I ran them that way...   The Galfer instructions were rather vague, but clearly show what I have here as the routing in their install guide.   That said, the original routing did have the crossover line in the rearmost clamp, and I think I'll end up swapping them to see if it looks more natural.  

image.thumb.png.7a669cd26e1f589ca2b960f6a241039c.png

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 4/22/2021 at 2:16 AM, BBB said:

And...  you were right @BBB  😉

Not sure why I didn’t do it this way to begin with:  

919CBC95-F2D9-4556-A08C-E35402E9B240.thumb.jpeg.8e56fd282cf5282ebdf21a6481ed1f3d.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1