FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Came across this: https://ftecu.com/shop/14-15-yamaha-fj09-mail-in-ecu-flashing-service/ 
Does this vendor use 2weeldynoworks for reflashing or does his own device? I wonder if 2weeldynoworks also offers $200 standard reflash or only $350 custom reflashing option?
That is the parent FlashTune company. They make the software and hardware that Nels uses. They do not do the fine tuning that Nels does and that is a one time shot, life time updates with Nels. He has the fuel tunes for your exhaust if aftermarket. Also has a good tune for stock I am told.   
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Installed my 2WheelDynoWorks flashed ECU today. I have the east cost xxxxx-21 ECU.  
I've just returned from a 7 day, 1500 mile Colorado/New Mexico ADV ride on a rented 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R. Coming off the 1190, the flashed FJ-09 is a beast! It runs smoothly at low (2000) rpm and pulls hard.

Compared to the stock ECU, gas mileage seems to be a bit better cruising. I saw a lot of 65-75 instantaneous mpg cruising in traffic. Engine runs cooler, in part because the fan comes on at a lower temperature. Major improvement in ride-ability. You need this!

Nels was super informative as well. This is most likely the best bang for the buck upgrade you can get.
Thank you for the feedback! Sounds like you had a great ADV ride too! We also flash the KTM's, too bad they didn't send their ecu's to us first

Sounds like a good investment- will have mine done as soon as electronic cruise-control function is developed.

Just curious: do most folks prefer their ride mode defaulted to A at the time of their ECU reflash?

Sounds like a good investment- will have mine done as soon as electronic cruise-control function is developed.  
Just curious: do most folks prefer their ride mode defaulted to A at the time of their ECU reflash?
Electronic cruise control is being developed but it's probably 6 months out at the earliest is what we've been told. Also, with our flash, you get lifetime upgrades so once it's released we can simply reflash in the cruise control at no cost to you besides the few bucks in shipping. Why wait! :)

Electronic cruise control is being developed but it's probably 6 months out at the earliest is what we've been told. Also, with our flash, you get lifetime upgrades so once it's released we can simply reflash in the cruise control at no cost to you besides the few bucks in shipping. Why wait! :)
If only extracting the ECU were as easy as shipping it to you guys :)

Question for 2wheeldynoworks (and others): do most folks prefer their ride mode defaulted to A at the time of their ECU reflash?
And another: do you make B mode even smoother or only work on A and Standard modes?

If only extracting the ECU were as easy as shipping it to you guys :) 
Question for 2wheeldynoworks (and others): do most folks prefer their ride mode defaulted to A at the time of their ECU reflash?
And another: do you make B mode even smoother or only work on A and Standard modes?

It only takes a few minutes ;) or fifteen  
we can and do but leave that choice up to the customer

do most folks prefer their ride mode defaulted to A at the time of their ECU reflash?

Before tuning/flash I used to use B mode on a regular basis, unless I knew I was going to ride aggressively. Now I find I never really change it (mine defaults to STD), simply because the throttle is so much smoother in A or STD.

Just curious Nel...Once you get the cruise control enabled, how do you control it?
It will probably require some switches/buttons be added. If you look at existing electronic cruise control for motorcycles that's what they do. They generally cost quite a lot though and are only for a few specific bikes last i checked. We're not entirely sure as FlashTune is still developing it. They may find a way to incorporate it into existing controls.   mcs4340e_switch400_grande.jpg?v=1412902979

Archived