FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

Air injection helps to burn off unburnt fuel in the exhaust system. There's no harm in having it enabled as it doesn't rob you of any horsepower, while helping to keep the air cleaner. Most people end up disabling it when they get a retune because a retune usually enriches the deceleration and that's where the popping comes from. 
See here:
So, does that mean my bike, with a stock exhaust, is going to pop MORE after the flash, because the mixture will be richer due to the flash?

Nope! The flash will actually disable the system that causes the decel pop. I'm running the stock exhaust right now and the flash has completely removed any decel pop.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dmizer
So, does that mean my bike, with a stock exhaust, is going to pop MORE after the flash, because the mixture will be richer due to the flash?
No, this only happens when people leave the air injection system connected. I was only answering the question as to what it is and what it does. With a flash and a tuned exhaust, there should be no popping as long as the air injection system is disabled.

Wrong. Read the thread ;)  
Free re-flashes if you change something or they come up with a new feature. 
I have and I know 2 wheel dynoworks  does, but the reply was in reference to another company mentioned that was cheaper- that post has since been deleted so my post is invalid! now I look like the guy talking loud when the music stops... story of my life!
Haha oooooh, well that makes a ton more sense.  
I actually called Flash Tune to ask about the quick shifter, and when I said I was going to get my flash done by 2 Wheel Dynoworks, he immediately said they are by far the best at what they do, and he couldn't recommend them enough. 

Wrong. Read the thread ;)  
Free re-flashes if you change something or they come up with a new feature. 
I have and I know 2 wheel dynoworks  does, but the reply was in reference to another company mentioned that was cheaper- that post has since been deleted so my post is invalid! now I look like the guy talking loud when the music stops... story of my life!
My post was deleted by the global moderator who felt it was unfair to the vendor.  That certainly wasn't my intention.   

Guest bmidd
My post was deleted by the global moderator who felt it was unfair to the vendor.  That certainly wasn't my intention. 
That's a problem when you can't have a legitimate discussion on a discussion forum. That's what splinters a community when you can't ask a question without it being censored. Marketplace competition is a good thing. I feel your question would have given Nels a chance to answer why his flash was 50% better than the competitions. Do they censor others posts when they talk about suspension vendors other than Traxxion Dynamics? I see moderators talking about other suspension companies and their posts don't seem to be censored or deleted. You really should stop the high handedness around here.  If Nels prices are considered too high, then people will naturally go to the other two companies that are doing the exact same thing. Price will drive the marketplace, not misplaced censorship by the mods. Just to let you know, the guy that has tuned all my street bikes and race bikes is just as wonderful and offers the same services for 50% of the price. I won't mention the name but that won't stop this from being censored. 

What did I sleep through? lol

bmidd, you have a valid point. I would guess this question looked derogatory because it was on the vendors thread?  I am guessing you were referring to me about the suspension.  Yes, I chose a different route, but did not mention that on their thread.

oldfart, I did not see your post, but from your second comment feel you did not mean any negativity and was just curious.  I also questioned prices and chose to go with Nels.  His flash was cheaper and better than what I had done on my super tenere.  I saw the cheaper flash and decided Nels would be better and worth the price.  I am very pleased after riding my bike and definately feel it was worth the cost. If I had extra money, I would send him the one out of my super tenere to reflash. If people find a better or cheaper flash, I guess it should be put in a new thread.  This thread seems to be for our supporting vendor.  Just my opinion.

bmidd, you have a valid point. I would guess this question looked derogatory because it was on the vendors thread?  I am guessing you were referring to me about the suspension.  Yes, I chose a different route, but did not mention that on their thread.

oldfart, I did not see your post, but from your second comment feel you did not mean any negativity and was just curious.  I also questioned prices and chose to go with Nels.  His flash was cheaper and better than what I had done on my super tenere.  I saw the cheaper flash and decided Nels would be better and worth the price.  I am very pleased after riding my bike and definately feel it was worth the cost. If I had extra money, I would send him the one out of my super tenere to reflash. If people find a better or cheaper flash, I guess it should be put in a new thread.  This thread seems to be for our supporting vendor.  Just my opinion.
@chris618 first rule of moderating, never sleep. Forshame... ;)

@bmidd, the moderator deleted that post because it was posted in the board that 2wheeldynoworks pays for, in his quest to support this forum and help keep it going so that you and everyone else can continue to post and enjoy the forum.

Do you not see what is wrong with going into a Vendor's paid board and start talking about his competitor?

@oldfart you are welcome to post about other vendors in other boards on this forum, just not in this paid vendor board.

@bmidd, the moderator deleted that post because it was posted in the board that 2wheeldynoworks pays for, in his quest to support this forum and help keep it going so that you and everyone else can continue to post and enjoy the forum. 
Do you not see what is wrong with going into a Vendor's paid board and start talking about his competitor?

I couldnt agree more. For me its never the cost its who is the best and havin Nels tune my last bike I will always use him to tune all of my bikes.
Now I just spent most of my wad on a GPR steering stab. So does anyone got some money for me so I can get a tune this next week? Lol

Haha oooooh, well that makes a ton more sense.  
I actually called Flash Tune to ask about the quick shifter, and when I said I was going to get my flash done by 2 Wheel Dynoworks, he immediately said they are by far the best at what they do, and he couldn't recommend them enough. 
FlashTune is a great company, we enjoy working with their product.  

No harm no foul, we'd love to answer any and all questions, some may just need to be in another section.  

That's a problem when you can't have a legitimate discussion on a discussion forum. That's what splinters a community when you can't ask a question without it being censored. Marketplace competition is a good thing. I feel your question would have given Nels a chance to answer why his flash was 50% better than the competitions. Do they censor others posts when they talk about suspension vendors other than Traxxion Dynamics? I see moderators talking about other suspension companies and their posts don't seem to be censored or deleted. You really should stop the high handedness around here.  If Nels prices are considered too high, then people will naturally go to the other two companies that are doing the exact same thing. Price will drive the marketplace, not misplaced censorship by the mods. Just to let you know, the guy that has tuned all my street bikes and race bikes is just as wonderful and offers the same services for 50% of the price. I won't mention the name but that won't stop this from being censored. 
i believe you are confusing the area of the forum. this is the section that i pay to advertise my products. just so you know, i don't moderate these forums, i just pay for them to post in them, moderation is done by the website. 

Agreed and appreciate the business and feedback. We're the biggest super tenere ecu flash company by volume in the world, so we'd love to take care of it for you, we've got that bike dialed in to perfection.  

first rule of moderating, never sleep. Forshame... ;)
or go to work! look what happens when i get on the dyno 

@oldfart you are welcome to post about other vendors in other boards on this forum, just not in this paid vendor board.

Thank you for clarifying.  

I couldnt agree more. For me its never the cost its who is the best and havin Nels tune my last bike I will always use him to tune all of my bikes. Now I just spent most of my wad on a GPR steering stab. So does anyone got some money for me so I can get a tune this next week? Lol
Somebody hook him up! ;) 

And, I will add this little nugget. I know of a guy who is doing tunes for $160, and they are cheap because he took the Flashtunes code that everyone uses, but decided to be the only tuner in the USA to not pay license fee's to Flashtune when he flashed new bikes. Essentially theft, in my book. Flashtune now will not work with the guy or give him code updates and if anyone has issues with their tunes down the road, they are screwed. I won't mention who this one guy is, but he won't get a dime of my money.  
2wheeldynoworks and most other tuners do things the right way and pay flashtunes a license fee as per their agreements, everytime that they flash a new bike. This is because Flashtunes developed the codes that are used to flash with. Nels has to pay huge fees to flashtune ea time he tunes a bike, as do all other tuners except for this one guy who I know of, who chooses not to play by the rules and basically steal from Flashtunes, the company who developed the codes used to flash with.

I choose to work with companies who do things the right way. Legally. Above board. Honesty and integrity mean alot to me.

So yeah guys, let's keep the discussions in the board paid by 2wheeldynoworks about 2wheeldynoworks please.

You can talk about any vendor you want in the other boards. I guess I could have made that a posted rule on the board description but honestly, I thought that would just be common sense.
Thanks cruizin.  

ouch... I bet they don't offer a free reflash if you change something though.... still, ouch!
Yes, it is still free if you make changes to your bike. all future flashes and updates to your flash on that bike are free.
Sure is! Once the license code is paid for, your ecu is unlocked for unlimited upgrades as they come out. 

• Premium Member
I will surely get this tune done at some point, but at the moment the FJ-09 is my only transportation as we shop for a new car for my wife. I'm curious about the reduction in operating temperature. What is the justification for that? Does the high OEM temperature somehow aid emissions compliance? 

As a former Triumph TT600 owner, I am well aware of the profound improvements that can come from ECU flashes. The 2000 TT600s had some pretty significant fueling flaws as delivered. I don't think it was as bad as the press described it, but low speed fueling was definitely buggy. Fortunately the factory kept working on it, and I got two free ECU map updates from my Triumph dealer. After the second update the fueling was perfect. 

The harsh low-speed throttle response of the FJ-09 in some ways reminds me of the TT600. But I'm not holding my breath for free factory updates  ::)

• Premium Member
So, now that the mini meltdown is over, who else is getting a Tune?
I'm going for one sometime in the next week or two. I've got to get both sons together to help (lifting restrictions for awhile, I'm afraid). Of course, getting them both here at the same time to help seems even harder now than it did when they were teenagers... 
While I've got them here, I think I'll have one of them drill out or cut off the pin/rivet holding the driver's foot peg on and replace the peg with the one from the FZ06 kit I got from eBay (I can't bend over real far right now, either. Dammit!)
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

Archived