FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

I love the technology and the kit looks like excellent quality, but what does a quick shift do for a sport touring bike? I'm not slagging it, I'm just curious.

One must take care not to confuse the style of bike with the style of riding.
2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do folks feel about "Much reduced engine braking"? Any feedback after ECU reflash - especially from those who LIKE engine breaking?
I feel that it is just right as it is- not very strong and slows down bike nicely before entering the turns. Great on hilly twisty roads. I have always disliked how cars with automatic transmission (and 4-cyl motorcycles?) just keep rolling when you let off gas. But I have to admit I am coming from V-twins, parallel twins- and now triple, so I might be biased.

I noticed the less engine braking right away.Honestly it took very little time to adjust to it.I think the bike is smoother now when I let off the throttle . The big plus is getting rid of the on/off abrupt throttle shut off.I would hate to get in slow traffic with that throttle jump that was persistent at 2500 to 3500 rpm.Its still there a little bit but much improved.

My flashed ECU arrived to Sweden from Nels today and after a two hour ride I could not be more satisfied. The throttle is super smooth, much reduced engine braking and the bike just feels and performs a lot better. To all European riders, shipping is fast and Nels service is excellent, you won't regret it, by far the best mod so far.

• Premium Member
I have a few, few hundred mile rides with losts of twisties and a few weeks of commuting since getting the ECU flashed. First, the process was very quick and easy. The ECU removal was simple, if you are scared about this, don't be. I mailed my ECU on a Saturday priority mail and got it back on Wednesday, so very fast turn around. I didn't think the throttle was that bad before, but it is very good now. On tight 15 to 20 mph switchbacks it is easy to mash it, utilize engine breaking, and have smooth throttle application in A mode. I haven't hit top speed but I can say the bike absolutely flies past 115 mph. For the price, I can't imagine a better performance and ride-ability modification for the bike. You get great throttle response, increased power, no limiter, and a better running bike overall. If you are on the fence, do it!!

• 2 weeks later...
Played with mine in A mode last night and this thing is a beast. Took off from a stop, gave it full throttle and it pulled the front wheel right up off the ground. So far I'm very happy with the tune. Throttle is less twitchy and much smoother.

My flashed ECU arrived to Sweden from Nels today and after a two hour ride I could not be more satisfied. The throttle is super smooth, much reduced engine braking and the bike just feels and performs a lot better. To all European riders, shipping is fast and Nels service is excellent, you won't regret it, by far the best mod so far.
Glad to hear it! 

I have a few, few hundred mile rides with losts of twisties and a few weeks of commuting since getting the ECU flashed. First, the process was very quick and easy. The ECU removal was simple, if you are scared about this, don't be. I mailed my ECU on a Saturday priority mail and got it back on Wednesday, so very fast turn around. I didn't think the throttle was that bad before, but it is very good now. On tight 15 to 20 mph switchbacks it is easy to mash it, utilize engine breaking, and have smooth throttle application in A mode. I haven't hit top speed but I can say the bike absolutely flies past 115 mph. For the price, I can't imagine a better performance and ride-ability modification for the bike. You get great throttle response, increased power, no limiter, and a better running bike overall. If you are on the fence, do it!!
That's what we're going for :)

Played with mine in A mode last night and this thing is a beast. Took off from a stop, gave it full throttle and it pulled the front wheel right up off the ground. So far I'm very happy with the tune. Throttle is less twitchy and much smoother.
We love the feedback!

Just sent mine in today, since I have the forks en route to my suspension folks and am expecting my new shock to arrive soon. This thing was already a sweet bike, but it is going to be a whole different animal when it get it back together. :)

Archived