FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

• Premium Member
Sounds like a good investment- will have mine done as soon as electronic cruise-control function is developed.  
Just curious: do most folks prefer their ride mode defaulted to A at the time of their ECU reflash?
Electronic cruise control is being developed but it's probably 6 months out at the earliest is what we've been told. Also, with our flash, you get lifetime upgrades so once it's released we can simply reflash in the cruise control at no cost to you besides the few bucks in shipping. Why wait! :)
Any update on the development of cruise control? Spring or summer '16?  

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took advantage of Nels' Black Friday Special and sent mine on a Monday with three days of pouring rain forecast. I got it back on Thursday - stood outside waiting for the mailman like a kid waiting for Santa at Christmas. Reinstalled that night and rode it Friday. Much better in twisties in A mode. Allows me to get in and out quicker. This is the best money I've spent on tuning on any vehicle I've owned!
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! 

Electronic cruise control is being developed but it's probably 6 months out at the earliest is what we've been told. Also, with our flash, you get lifetime upgrades so once it's released we can simply reflash in the cruise control at no cost to you besides the few bucks in shipping. Why wait! :)
Any update on the development of cruise control? Spring or summer '16?
I dont recall hearing anything new from ftecu about it, i keep getting told "we're working on it" when i ask. But, i will ask again :)

• 1 month later...
Another satisfied customer of the 2 Wheels Dyno Works ECU flash. I love having the bike start up in A mode. The throttle response is so much smother now. This is a must have for aggressive riding in the tight 1st or 2nd gear corners. The tune is so good I have to retrain my throttle application, no more do I have to adjust for the abruptness of the on, off throttle. The bike is so smooth from idle to the redline it is ALMOST difficult to notice the gain in hp. My only modifications are M4 exhaust and a Quickshifter.  Plus the costumer service is top notch. They quickly responded to all my questions, concerns, shipping, and tracking information.

• Premium Member
I see that the bike can default to "A" mode now. 
Is it possible to have it start in whatever mode the bike was in when turned off?

No, the choices are A mode, or STD mode. FlashtuneFJ-09_1stAnnotated_zpsrbm72b6h.jpg 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Multistrada and yes the flash makes the FJ almost as good. Seriously, I know a lot of us don't want to hear it but it is true.
The FJ is overall about 75% of what the Duc is with a flash and better suspension.
This is just my opinion.
Would I sell the Multistrada?
HELL no.
RC
We'll never say never. sold the Ducati Multistrada.
after having the FJ 09 flash done and Traxxion suspension installed the Multi was just not worth the high maintenance cost and hassle of such few dealers.
Bought a Versys 1000 for the  week long trips.
Enjoying both bikes.
Nothing like rock solid reliability of these two bikes.
RC

I finally had an opportunity to ride my bike again, after participating in the black Friday sale. I'm in Mpls, so the Winter threw a wrench in my plans to test it right away.

So, after 4-5 months of not riding my bike, would I notice the difference? Yeah, I did. Not only do I enjoy the 'start in A mode' benefit, but the on/off throttle transitions are noticeably improved. How much improved were these on/off transitions? Enough that I caught myself flinching on cloverleafs, expecting the harsh hit when gently rolling on the power from neutral throttle.  Now, the hit never comes, and I can easily roll on the power without upsetting the chassis.

I still think this bike has a bit too much driveline lash, and perhaps an insufficient cush drive in the real wheel, but with the flash, it is improved to acceptable levels.

Archived