FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

• Premium Member
Even with stock exhuast, you'll find the bike transformed after the ECU flash! And as always, if you upgrade your exhaust down the road, we reflash the ecu for free!
This flash makes the FJ-09 so much smoother all around! Yes, I was able to ride around the surginess but why should I have to? Spirited riding through the NC, WV and VA mountains requires smooth brake to throttle transitions and with this reflash...it's a piece of cake. Even slow speed riding in town is more enjoyable. The first thought that comes to mind when you ride with the reflash is "Wow, it should have come from the factory like this!!!" Of course, there are reasons why it doesn't with regard to EPA emissions and noise restrictions. Money well spent.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Even with stock exhuast, you'll find the bike transformed after the ECU flash! And as always, if you upgrade your exhaust down the road, we reflash the ecu for free!
This flash makes the FJ-09 so much smoother all around! Yes, I was able to ride around the surginess but why should I have to? Spirited riding through the NC, WV and VA mountains requires smooth brake to throttle transitions and with this reflash...it's a piece of cake. Even slow speed riding in town is more enjoyable. The first thought that comes to mind when you ride with the reflash is "Wow, it should have come from the factory like this!!!" Of course, there are reasons why it doesn't with regard to EPA emissions and noise restrictions. Money well spent.
Clint,

I'm going to have my FJ reflashed!!! Talked to Nels this afternoon. Will send the ECU in to 2wheelsdynoworks during February. Ride in the NC & TN mountains, too.

Thanks,

This flash makes the FJ-09 so much smoother all around! Yes, I was able to ride around the surginess but why should I have to? Spirited riding through the NC, WV and VA mountains requires smooth brake to throttle transitions and with this reflash...it's a piece of cake. Even slow speed riding in town is more enjoyable. The first thought that comes to mind when you ride with the reflash is "Wow, it should have come from the factory like this!!!" Of course, there are reasons why it doesn't with regard to EPA emissions tvand noise restrictions. Money well spent.
When the roads clean up and the temp rises, I want you too ride my bike so you can compare to your own. Maybe I've ridden surgy fuel injected bikes for so long I think it's normal, but I'm like @brick , it seems like a solution without a problem -on my bike. 
My bike doesn't (I don't think) exhibit any of the rideability (is that a word?) issues that many owners complain of.

Having said that, I bought my bike used from a Yamaha motor company engineer. Though he claimed nothing was tweaked, I can't help but wonder if...
Keep Asheville weird!

• Premium Member
Clint,  
I'm going to have my FJ reflashed!!! Talked to Nels this afternoon. Will send the ECU in to 2wheelsdynoworks during February. Ride in the NC & TN mountains, too.

Thanks,

Bill,
Did they give you a turnaround time frame?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Supporting Member
Their turnaround time is same day. When I had mine done, I got an email when they received it in the mail, less than 2 hours later I had shipping confirmation that it was on its way back to me.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...
Put my ECM back in from Nels ....What a improvement over what Yamaha had! The bike is really different in how it runs and performs. Sooo much easier going in and out of the corners as the throttle is very smooth and predictable each time. The bike is noticeably "happier" and so am I! As many have said... Highly recommend this investment before you do anything else in the performance department! Thank you Nels for all the commitment to a great value in a product!... Hard to find these days. Plus I got to take my bike out for 200 mike ride on a beautiful day in Feb in Michigan (60 plus out)... Pretty much unheard of!

• 1 month later...
Pardon my laziness for not searching the entire thread, but is the $349 price for the reflash still current?

I'm thinking this is my next (last? yeah, right...) mod.

Pardon my laziness for not searching the entire thread, but is the $349 price for the reflash still current? 

The price for forum members is $315.00. That is the price that Nels and I worked out. You must give your forum username when you call in. If the new guy doesn't know of that forum discount, have him check wit Nels. I verified the price with Nels this week, it's $315 for members of our forums only and they will check with me to ensure you are a member.

I try to get us as many discounts as possible.

The price for forum members is $315.00. That is the price that Nels and I worked out. You must give your forum username when you call in. If the new guy doesn't know of that forum discount, have him check wit Nels. I verified the price with Nels this week, it's $315 for members of our forums only and they will check with me to ensure you are a member.  
I try to get us as many discounts as possible.
Sweet!  Thanks.  Not sure when I'll get to that, it's riding season...

• Supporting Member
Their turn around is same day!  When I had mine done, I got an email verification when they received it, and 2-3 hours later I got another email with return shipping info!  You could probably ship priority mail and only be down a week.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Their turn around is same day!  When I had mine done, I got an email verification when they received it, and 2-3 hours later I got another email with return shipping info!  You could probably ship priority mail and only be down a week.

True, but up here in the Tundra, a week is a significant portion of our riding season!  :)

This thread is nearly two years old, so I'm guessing there's more information available now.

Did we ever determine if the flash can change the TCS default to off?

I've been having a ball playing Junior Hooligan (or is that superannuated hooligan?) even in Standard mode with the TCS off.

Edit:  Huh?  I guess the older thread must've been folded into this one?  If so, and my question has been answered, sorry about that.

Edit to the Edit:  Oh.  Nevermind.  I got one page of results on a search for "TCS" and thought it was a separate thread.  Hey, I'm old, cut me some slack...  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Lots of good feedback in this thread, but not many recent updates..

Any major (or minor) changes to this tune?

I'm thinking of getting the tune BEFORE adding an Akro exhaust. (Because I've been spending money like crazy upgrading so many aspects of the bike!)

Also, I've heard about factory ECU upgrades; I have a new 2015 model that sat for nearly 2 years in the crate. I don't it's had anything factory done to it (reflashed-recalls wise) except that recent recall about the handlebar riser things.

Anyways, just​ to confirm, this tune won't void the warranty? I read somewhere that if something goes bad wrong with the engine under warranty even the dealer won't see it's been reflashed-...?

Does this flash disable the AIS/PAIR system, and doesn't require blanking plates? Can I get blanking plates anyways just to make it all nice and neat (is there any benefit to disable AIS and adding blank offs)?

Any benefit of syncing the throttle bodies when getting this tune?

Thanks!

Archived