FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I've been curious about this for awhile and finally decided to just ask!  Are there dyno charts available for each of the modes (A, Std, B)?  It would be interesting to see how they compare to each other.  Pre and Post ECU Flash would be even better!  I don't know if Nels has done this (or if anyone else has) for other than "A" mode.

Doing a quick search on the internet I did find one YouTube link that mentioned this.  No charts but they claimed (don't know what, if any, mods were done) they got the following dyno result: A mode - 107whp/65wtq, and in B mode - 96whp/59wtq.  I guess they didn't check Std.  The link I found is
(lots of noise and no additional information). 
Nels - Have you ever done any comparisons measuring the other modes?

PS - Still loving the results of my ECU Flash.  The more I ride the FJ the more I appreciate it (except for the seat :^).

• 2 weeks later...
I tend to be the type of rider who generally rides around problems. For instance, I'm pretty sure I get pretty close to full squash on the forks under hard braking, but I've yet to bump up the preload on the forks, (partially because I suspect a little more forward weight bias is a good idea to help quash the headshake at high speeds), and partially because I'm lazy.

I had the good fortune to ride a friend's 2015 MultiStrada Touring this week again, back to back with my FJ-09. The fuelling on the MultiStrada is soooooo very good. On-off throttle transitions are so smooth that they actually surprise me, as I found myself bracing for the jolt that never came. The jolt that I've come to expect from the FJ-09.

I could continue to ride the bike like this, but it's kind of like going to a friend's house who's got a really nice home stereo. Then you go home, and your old HiFi doesn't sound so great anymore.

I'm close enough to the end of the riding season now that I'll probably wait until Dec to send in the ECU for a flash. My hope is that the flash will make my $10,500 MSRP bike as smooth in the fuelling dept. as my friend's $20K+ Duc. Fingers crossed.

• Premium Member
Vespadaddy I do not think you will be disappointed, I had mine done and couldn't be happier. "A" mode is so improved I have no problem riding in busy traffic with it.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

I have a Multistrada and yes the flash makes the FJ almost as good.
Seriously, I know a lot of us don't want to hear it but it is true.
The FJ is overall about 75% of what the Duc is with a flash and better suspension.
This is just my opinion.
Would I sell the Multistrada?
HELL no.
RC

I have a Multistrada and yes the flash makes the FJ almost as good. Seriously, I know a lot of us don't want to hear it but it is true.
The FJ is overall about 75% of what the Duc is with a flash and better suspension.
This is just my opinion.
Would I sell the Multistrada?
HELL no.
RC
I have not ridden the Multis and while i think its a nice looking bike, well, it also looks like a pig to me. My experience in bikes is limited, and I see the limits of the FJ. But for me I think its a better choice. I love commuting on it, or I will when the seat is fixed :) 
Im looking forward to getting this done later in the year but I still kind of enjoy the snatch. Its controllable, and its also a blast.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I took advantage of Nels' Black Friday Special and sent mine on a Monday with three days of pouring rain forecast. I got it back on Thursday - stood outside waiting for the mailman like a kid waiting for Santa at Christmas. Reinstalled that night and rode it Friday. Much better in twisties in A mode. Allows me to get in and out quicker. This is the best money I've spent on tuning on any vehicle I've owned!
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Archived