FJ-09 flash is ready! *Updated*

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to know how many of you are getting the flash done because of an aftermarket pipe installed versus others leaving the stock exhaust on and just getting the flash done
quite a lot actually. it's such an improvement even with a stock exhaust you'll be amazed it's possible 

I'd like to know how many of you are getting the flash done because of an aftermarket pipe installed versus others leaving the stock exhaust on and just getting the flash done
I'm getting the flash done for my totally stock bike (just sent my ECU off yesterday) . I feel the benefits are worth it for me. It's possible that I might get an aftermarket exhaust sometime in the future (perhaps in a year or so - remember free re-reflash), but even if I don't I'm ok with it.
:)  

Totally stock intake and exhaust. I wanted the flash to improve performance and was not disappointed.
:D

Totally stock intake and exhaust. I wanted the flash to improve performance and was not disappointed.
According to @2wheeldynoworks upgrading the intake doesn't add any performance gains. They recommended waiting until the filter needs replacing. The only advantage to after market filters is that they're washable, so they last.  
There is a piece of foam sitting over the intake that you can remove though. Apparently this nets a few HP in gains. I don't see how, but hey, I don't have a dyno so I trust the experts ;)

There is a piece of foam sitting over the intake that you can remove though. Apparently this nets a few HP in gains. I don't see how, but hey, I don't have a dyno so I trust the experts ;)
I removed all but the front section of that foam when installing the flashed ECU. Looks like the front piece may help keep water out of airbox.
2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

• Premium Member
I removed all but the front section of that foam when installing the flashed ECU. Looks like the front piece may help keep water out of airbox.

I thought that front piece of foam was the only part that was to be removed (according to all of the pictures I've seen)! So far haven't seen an explanation as to what it's really meant to do.

Hey, 2wheeldynoworks, do you have any pre-post flashing dyno runs with stock exhaust? I am most likely going to keep my stock exhaust and I wanted to know what the HP and torque curves look like (on the same dyno) with unflashed and flashed stock exhaust bikes. Thanks!

• Premium Member
ECU pulled thanks to the very detailed instruction in the other thread. It'll be heading out in the mail tomorrow... really looking forward to getting it back! :D

Guest dmizer
@2wheeldynoworks quick stupid question... 
When you reflash the ECU on a Canadian bike, does it retain region specific settings for kilometers and celcius, or does it switch to miles and ferinheight?
Those region settings are in the dash, not the ECU.

• Premium Member
I got mine back this past Saturday, and installed it later that evening when the weather had cooled off outside to below 100 (F). I'm not up to long rides yet (I'm only about a month post surgery...), but the 100 or so miles I put on this Sunday morning sure seemed to go better than they did on my last pre-flash ride back in May. I noticed that the radiator fan kicked on a little sooner, too. This is a good thing in Tucson's summer weather.
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

@2wheeldynoworks quick stupid question... 
When you reflash the ECU on a Canadian bike, does it retain region specific settings for kilometers and celcius, or does it switch to miles and ferinheight?
But the real questions is whether or not the bike is as polite as the OEM Canadian bike, or if it takes on more of an American attitude.... 

But the real questions is whether or not the bike is as polite as the OEM Canadian bike, or if it takes on more of an American attitude....
Maybe not the bike, but I always say sorry when I pass other bikes. They just can't hear me over the sound of a roaring triple. 

Archived