What is really being adjusted in this video?

• Supporting Member

"It is more to control the air & fuel mixture of your bike and get the optimum result/value of the air & fuel ratio after install aftermarket parts e.g. exhaust, air filter or spark plug."

...still pretty vague.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

Could you please elaborate on what you mean and/or what values he's changing, why and how (direction)?

I've calibrated (down) the APS* to smooth throttle response but didn't know about this adjustment on my fastest red 15.

*or was it the TPS?

• Supporting Member

That was a quote in the comments by the creator of the video.  Sounds like air/fuel mixture, but there's no reference... for ex stock values and what increments to adjust and why.

Leaves more questions than answers!

Sounds like you probably adjusted the APS...something I've yet to do!!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Am I correct in thinking that the optimum fuel air / fuel ratio is 14 to 1?

If so will this recal procedure set the MPU to that value?

Just curious....

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member

Have to check my maintenance log but likely was the APS, it's just I likely did iy a few yeas ago and my memory hasn't gotten better since then.

As far as what he's adjusting, with more data, I'm not going to experiment.

The French video translates to unlocking but what?

I hope Macron wins, otherwise our poor French two-wheeled brothers and sisters are going to be in big trouble!

• Thumbsup 1

-This is not “unlocked” on US models. Needs dealer software. 

-the +/- value doesn’t equal anything that you can directly put a value on without Exhaust Gas measuring equipment on each cylinder ex pipe  

-it DOES slightly richen or lean out the mixture in EACH cyl at idle and very small throttle openings. 

-think of it like a Pilot Screw adjustment, @2and3cylinders

-this is NO substitute for a reflash or “live” fueling adjustment by a Power Commander. 

-Skip

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I was just curious, as I had my ECU flashed years ago by Dave at Vcyclenut.

I remember doing this back in the day as the first attempt to get rid of the famous 2015 surging at low speeds.

Check this thread out from 2015....

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, knyte said:

Sounds like you probably adjusted the APS...something I've yet to do!!

My advice (FWIW) is do it!  I noticed a discernable improvement with my machine and I'd already had an ECU flash.

As always...YMMV. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I was just curious, as I had my ECU flashed years ago by Dave at Vcyclenut.

I had questions about that when I first got the bike. After getting my ECU flashed I called 2WDW and asked them if it was something worth adjusting, their short answer was, if you have the ECU flashed with a correct fuel map, DO NOT mess with the CO settings.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***