When do we expect news of 2023 models?

Totaled my bike on Valentine's day (2019 tracer 900 GT). Was hoping to heal up in a few months, get a '22 and be riding again.

Doc said I may not be able to ride for a year or so. Figure if I gotta wait that long may as well wait for '23s. 

Anyone know when need of next year models start popping up?

Edited by Bimbim18
  • Sad 4

• Bimbim18 changed the title to When do we expect news of 2023 models?
  • Supporting Member

Ugh, that sucks man.  I hear your frustration - I broke a leg about two weeks ago and it's looking like no riding season for me.  No damage to any of the bikes; just me.

• Sad 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Yamaha made quite a few significant changes to this year model bike. I suspect they won't do a whole lot for next years bike save for some different color choices. But I have been wrong before !

1 hour ago, Cogswell said:

Yamaha made quite a few significant changes to this year model bike.

2021 was the last big change for the GT. There were only minor tweaks to the 2022 model, see:

I'd say there's too many variables to even guess what Yamaha plan to do for 2023. Supply chain issues and the pandemic have completely messed up sales, so it's hard to say whether there have been enough sales of 2022 GTs for Yamaha to even form an opinion of the market. I know 2022s are still almost impossible to buy in my neck of the woods.

Someone also mentioned that Yamaha tend to run in three year cycles. If that's true, then the GT in its current guise has at least another year to run.

In any event, we probably won't hear pronouncements from Yamaha until much later in the year.

7 hours ago, Ride365 said:

You will know better than any doctor, when you are ready and able to ride again.

Yeah, I was shopping for a new bike the following week (shopping for a new bike on my phone while bored still in the ER lol). Both places said they weren't due to receive any more Yamahas for the rest of the year... this was in Feb....

I was hoping 2-3 months, bone heals up, and I hop on my new bike and carry on with life. Not the case.

My radius (and new titanium) is almost healed already, but my hand also got dislocated with severe damage to all the soft tissue connecting my hand to my wrist. My wrist has almost no flexibility. I could probably ride now, as long as I don't have to do any low speed maneuvers,  or slam on my brakes as my wrist wouldn't be able to support the weight.

So for now I sadly roll around in my borrowed cage, wishing I was on every bike that rolls by :(

Edited by Bimbim18

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, Bimbim18 said:

Totaled my bike on Valentine's day (2019 tracer 900 GT). Was hoping to heal up in a few months, get a '22 and be riding again.

Doc said I may not be able to ride for a year or so. Figure if I gotta wait that long may as well wait for '23s. 

Anyone know when need of next year models start popping up?

'21 and '22 models are identical, right down to the color.  Since the '21 model was a complete ground up redesign and since some dealers haven't even received the '22 models yet, I'm not betting on any significant changes for '23.    Usually new models are announced in the fall and available by spring but figuring current supply chain issues... Maybe we will see the '22 models by '23?  🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

My dealer isn't getting any 2022 Tracers.  They only had two 2021 and I bought one, the other sat on their floor for three months after the original buyer backed out.

Reason, This is Illinois the land of the straight flat roads made for Harley Davidsons.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Here in SoCal, Tracers are hard to find.  I bought one of three 2021s that were on the floor at a large dealer in Temecula, back in January.  Within a few days, the other two Tracers also sold.  Out of curiosity, I frequently check the web sites of the many local area dealers and hardly ever find a Tracer.

BTW the Tracer is a great bike on the straightaway highway.  I just put 1900 miles on mine with almost all of it on open highway, straight-line.  Very few turns.  It was a fine ride.  I rate it as good as or better than my 2014 FJR.  In fact, because of the lack of all that plastic bodywork I find the Tracer to be better than the the FJR.  The FJR bodywork would bump my long legs as I shifted around in the saddle.  

• Thanks 1

Same story here. I spoke to 2 dealers and they both were sent three Tracer 9 GT's. One is a demo and two are sold. They don't expect any new delivery until the end of the year. The Tenere is easier to order. They had three rally versions sitting on the floor.

Think there is a Tracer 9 at a local dealer here unless they have sold it in the last couple of weeks.  I figure with interest rates going up and economy slowing down bikes will be easier to find.  With inflation though will probably not get cheaper.

Hope @Bimbim18 and @knyte heal up quickly and get back on the bike soon.  Last weekend saw a girl riding around, she had a nasty crash in October or November.  Docs told her wouldn't walk for a year - well she is riding now so guess they were wrong.  Biggest thing is don't push yourself.  Your body will let you know when it's time.

Edited by PhotoAl
  • Thumbsup 1