Front Tire Question

www.jpg.9bc64d003330cae03d2c41d366e3d6e5.jpg                                                                                                      Hey all, I've had my 2020 900GT for a couple years ( love it!) and just noticed something strange with my front tire. Isn't the tread here bringing water to center of tire instead of out the sides? But the arrow on side says tire is on correct?

Edited by reedcusa
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I've wondered about this, too.  I bet the rear tires' sipes are as you'd expect to channel it away from the centre of the tire.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

It seems odd but this is the correct orientation.  It is the same thing with the Dunlop Q3, and the Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2 as well as others.  

• Thumbsup 2

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I think the idea is that you look at what is happening when leaned over, not when vertical.  Of course I still don't understand.  Looks like water will be pushed to the inside of the turn when turning.  Which kind of makes sense. 

Speaking of your front tire; I noticed that my front one is not wearing off evenly. It has bumps here and there and I'm about to replace it. Did you notice something similar?

PS: Where in RI? I live in Pawtucket :)