Tracer 9 GT Plus Coming to the U.S.

• Supporting Member
On 5/23/2023 at 9:56 AM, Seafz8 said:

I wonder what color combo they will release in the states. Interesting to see the pricing as well. 

IF they offer it in red, I hope its the '15 FJ red.  I personally don't like the current red.

Right side, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 in Candy Red

2021-yamaha-tracer-9-gt-studio-8900.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I understand the attraction of the latest and greatest but at what point is there just too much nanny-tech, and when does it detract from the basic visceral sensations we ride to obtain?

Yes an IMU would be great to provide cornering ABS & TC + maybe Slip Control (whatever that exactly offers).

Yet my 15 is my first with FI, ABS & TC, and while I understand they're not anywhere near the best systems, I see them as  worthwhile features. 

But when is more too much, and are they truly worth the significantly increased buyin, and when are peoplegoing to starttaking responsibility for theiractions or inactions again? Or am I deluding myself that others ever did?

My sultry fastest red 15 was $8200 + T&L in July of 16.

And yest I had to spend a fair bit more cash and my time to address the less than stellar wind screen, carburation, saddle, suspension and brakes plus as add a McCruise.  However, I'd likely do the same, though possibly to a lesser extent, on the 23/24 T9GT+.

• Thumbsup 2

Let's see.......better OEM suspension system, all LED lighting, nice big TFT display, all new frame, new engine, true quick shifter, and other electronic gizmos which may or may not interest many. There is something to say about motorcycles that are more old school and dumbed down in tech, but I sure never hear my buddy complain about his 2023 R1250 GS being dull or over nanny tech. We can say that there is now too many things to go wrong or fail, but I honestly rarely hear of electronics failing on modern motorcycles these days or stranding a rider. I have owned all manner of motorcycles over the years, and my 2020 GT is by far my overall favorite of the bunch and just has the right amount of tech for me. Ride what you like and like what you ride.

• Thumbsup 6

21 hours ago, betoney said:

IF they offer it in red, I hope its the '15 FJ red.  I personally don't like the current red.

Right side, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 in Candy Red

2021-yamaha-tracer-9-gt-studio-8900.jpg

Yes, the red on the older bike is fantastic.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Sounds like you are just smitten with what you have got then, extra tech and improvements always cost more.......as you already know. ;) The amount of money you have spent on gear alone, says that you are not afraid to spend money. :) I don't see myself springing for the latest GT either anytime soon, my 20 other than some up and coming suspension upgrades, well......she's a keeper.