2024 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GX

betoney

The GT has weird geometry.  When you sit on it, a lot of bike is out in front of you.  You seem to be sitting back too far.

The GX seat is a couple of inches taller than the GT.  That will be deal breaker for a lot of people.

I agree - the GX looks great.  I am tired of gold forks though.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Great value at $18,499 too with the full suite of electronics and luggage; auto leveling suspension is so nice when fully loaded, have tried that feature out on my buddy's Super Duke 1290 it's one of those things where you think "eh whatever" until you have it. Only missing a center-stand and heated grips.

I do wish there was a base model without the electronic suspension for around $14K but I guess that's the slot that the GT fills.

I really the attention to small details like how they designed the exhaust to be one continuous line with the engine bellypan/fairing, and the Shadow Green is really slick:
GSX-S1000GX_M4_QU5_right_2400x1500.png.c03dca13189e8c895ac5950900fbc368.png

The entire new Suzuki lineup for 2024 looks really good, definitely upped their fit and finish across the board. GSX 8S/8R, GSX S1000/GT/GX all look great.

• Thumbsup 5

Looks like a fantastic motorcycle.  Love the K5 motor.  At about 511 pounds it is heavier than my 2019 Tracer GT by about 30 ~ 35 pounds.  Not much but lighter is always better in my opinion.  A shame the luggage is not standard.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

Looks like a fantastic motorcycle.  Love the K5 motor.  At about 511 pounds it is heavier than my 2019 Tracer GT by about 30 ~ 35 pounds.  Not much but lighter is always better in my opinion.  A shame the luggage is not standard.

Good news: the GX+ trim comes with side cases standard which is the only trim to be sold in the U.S. for now.

Yeah, sorting out what's coming to the US vs. Europe can be tough.

The "shadow green" is cool, but the blue version in the video is far more appealing. Honestly, the dark blue of last year's GT was dead sexy; shame to see it's gone.

The pricing is a tough hill to climb... that's a lot of money, but you do get a lot, and it's competitive with the few peers.

If what I wanted next was Tracer/FJ-09-ish but with a lot more power, Japanese reliability, and no Euro-brand BS, then I'd be taking a good hard look at this one. That engine is an absolute sweetheart... and a beast, too.

I do really love me a lightweight triple, though...

• Thumbsup 3

20 hours ago, RaYzerman said:

Too expensive......

Some of us will gladly spend that, and I see more trucks and cars out on the road these days that I personally would consider GROSSLY "overpriced" when being compared to any motorcycle. 

• Thumbsup 1

I see more trucks and cars out on the road these days that I personally would consider GROSSLY "overpriced" 

I'm keeping my 1999 Taco at only 185,000 miles and I drive a company car. My Taco gets maybe 2,000 miles a year at the most. Trucks are more than double these days to try to get you to buy electric instead of gas or diesel. I'll keep what I have, I can still work on it. And it's still as clean as the day it came off the assembly line under the hood. 

100_0776.JPG

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!