Anyone fitted any alternative hand guards

• Premium Member
I went for a spin - air flow seems good, no excessive noise or turbulence. Took it up to an indicated 120+ on a few occasions. You lose the largest part of the bar end assembly so less dampening weight. Seems to be a a bit of vibration in the bars above 8000 rpm. Whether this is worse than with the OE handguards I can't remember as I don't spend a lot of time at revs that high. It will need a longer journey to tell whether some bar end weights might be needed.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I had my first decent journey today ( a jaunt into London) I found that the wind noise was much quieter than with the standard guards but I was getting a bit more numbness in the hands. But (and this is a big but) I have got new gloves and jackect that may affect this and also suffer from a rare form of migraine brought on by stress (of which I have loads at the moment) and one of the symptoms/side effects is numbness and pins and needles so I am on a bit of a a hiding for nothing really.
So I think I will fit the bar end weights that came with the guards and see if that makes a difference

• Premium Member
I had my first decent journey today ( a jaunt into London) I found that the wind noise was much quieter than with the standard guards but I was getting a bit more numbness in the hands. But (and this is a big but) I have got new gloves and jackect that may affect this and also suffer from a rare form of migraine brought on by stress (of which I have loads at the moment) and one of the symptoms/side effects is numbness and pins and needles so I am on a bit of a a hiding for nothing really. So I think I will fit the bar end weights that came with the guards and see if that makes a difference

try some Grip Puppies - I have reviewed them on here, so do a search. 
They do two things that may help. First, which is why I have them, they increase the diameter of the grips making your hold more relaxed and b) they are an extra insulation against vibrations. 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I'd certainly pick up a set of those Acerbis guards, at some point(darn priorities lol), if they clear the madstad screens. Maybe whoever fits different handguards should comment on what windshield they have and any clearance issues or additional clearance with their new guards

I'd certainly pick up a set of those Acerbis guards, at some point(darn priorities lol), if they clear the madstad screens. Maybe whoever fits different handguards should comment on what windshield they have and any clearance issues or additional clearance with their new guards
I have the Acerbis and the stock screen and they clear it with about 4 -5 cm I would guess 

• Premium Member
I have the Acerbis and the stock screen and they clear it with about 4 -5 cm I would guess
I have the KTM guards with a Madstad screen, and no clearance issues whatsoever.  

Never mind. 

I purchased these KTM hand guards, scuffed them with steel wool  used several coats of the suggested Crylon matt paint. Easy. they fit right on, and match very well. 
Just got back from a round trip from Portland/SF and they worked fine.