What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Can you pull it in completely without hitting the controls cluster? Any adjustment was necessary? Yes I can pull it in without issue.  I've nerve damage in left arm making it difficult to extend my fingers to squeeze the clutch lever.  That's why I rely on adjustable levers & short ones work best for me.

Melted dash. 28-30 Celsius, probably happened at work is my guess. Outside for 8 hour shift. Ermax Touring clear screen:

3FD67AF5-ADBB-4FA1-804A-EE640FA3054D_zpsrhmp3ds2.jpg
>:D :'(

Ahh.  That must have been caused by lensing of sunlight through the windshield.  It may be that the Ermax's shape and the refraction rate of the material was enough, with the sun at just the right angle, to create a good focus. 
I've never seen anything like that, crazy.
Message to ebay sellers and others please design and fabricate good quality and easy to install sun shades for our bikes's intrument clusters. I will buy one for shure thanks. 

• Premium Member
Ahh.  That must have been caused by lensing of sunlight through the windshield.  It may be that the Ermax's shape and the refraction rate of the material was enough, with the sun at just the right angle, to create a good focus. 
I've never seen anything like that, crazy.
Message to ebay sellers and others please design and fabricate good quality and easy to install sun shades for our bikes's intrument clusters. I will buy one for shure thanks.
As I posted previously, you can make one yourself in a few minutes.  I probably spent all of 15 minutes making mine, and it would be even less now that I've done a couple of them. 
A couple of people have said that I should manufacture and sell them, but what I made isn't quite up to what I'd consider commercial quality (for instance, cuts were made with scissors so they're not perfectly straight), and to make it worth my time I'd have to charge too much for it, and I'd feel bad about that because it's *really* easy to make one.

The ABS plastic I used is probably even more susceptible to melting than is the dash display, though.  Of course, it's also a heck of a lot less expensive to replace.

When I get around to making version 2 I'll post a template.

Another thing you could do, rather than adding a sun shade on the cluster, is to either paint or use a strip of contact paper on the lower part of the windshield.  That would stop the lensing effect at its source.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

As I posted previously, you can make one yourself in a few minutes.  I probably spent all of 15 minutes making mine, and it would be even less now that I've done a couple of them. 
A couple of people have said that I should manufacture and sell them, but what I made isn't quite up to what I'd consider commercial quality (for instance, cuts were made with scissors so they're not perfectly straight), and to make it worth my time I'd have to charge too much for it, and I'd feel bad about that because it's *really* easy to make one.
Thank you jimf for your suggestion
The ABS plastic I used is probably even more susceptible to melting than is the dash display, though.  Of course, it's also a heck of a lot less expensive to replace.

When I get around to making version 2 I'll post a template.

Another thing you could do, rather than adding a sun shade on the cluster, is to either paint or use a strip of contact paper on the lower part of the windshield.  That would stop the lensing effect at its source.

While I didn't put most of these things on today...I figured I'd add the pictures of what I've done so far:

T-Rex sliders, axle and frame, and engine protectors

Blue eBay adjustable levers, of course by the time i got them i was used to the stock clutch lever but they still add some color

RAM ball mount for my GPS of course

eBay radiator guard was put on today

And the list of things left to do is long and never ending

IMG_20150601_195423444_HDR_zpsbea88cc8.jpg

IMG_20150601_195403542_HDR_zps4e838a39.jpg

IMG_20150601_195351326_zpse7ba800f.jpg

IMG_20150601_195501728_zpstpdt5tvl.jpg

• Premium Member
Mine's bigger than yours :)
Braggart. blbl_zpsvi6inrfd.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest spunrdneck
Ermax Sport Screen - couldn't rip the stock screen off fast enough. And then headed to the hills!  
20150601_164939.jpg

& Troll - that's just 7 levels of wrong... lol

I like that one...where did ya' score that bad boy? (even though I am trying to let the visa cool down, I might just get one!) ;) 

I like that one...where did ya' sore that bad boy? (even though I am trying to let the visa cool down, I might just get one!) ;)

Here ya go: http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Sport-Screen-Windshield-35cm-for-Yamaha-FJ-09_p_5373.html

And I hear ya on the warm VISA, the fed ex, ups, and postal guys are going to be gracing my drive way a bit this week... and I can't wait lol

• Premium Member
While I didn't put most of these things on today...I figured I'd add the pictures of what I've done so far: 

T-Rex sliders, axle and frame, and engine protectors

How do you like the Trex sliders? What do you have on the engine lowers?

Is this the grey or smoke? I justed ordered the Smoke, but the website makes it look yellow/brownish... 

Ermax Sport Screen - couldn't rip the stock screen off fast enough. And then headed to the hills!

20150601_164939.jpg

& Troll - that's just 7 levels of wrong... lol