What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Installed my new Motodynamics tail light and my new One Off Fab tail tidy kit.

The tail light is stupid bright, and the running light is almost as bright as the brake light... Going to need to figure out how to modify it since all of the LED's come on for running..

• Premium Member
Going to need to figure out how to modify it since all of the LED's come on for running..

But isn't that what you want? To increase conspicuity? This is the MAIN reason I bought the Motodynamics tail light. All of the LEDs are lit brightly, then flash 3 times quickly and become even brighter when braking. I disabled the turn signal functionality.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
A quick walkaround of my FJ-09 and the accessories added. The Motodynamic tail light does not flicker like that in person. 

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBflNL_rS4M" size="medium]
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Were those clear flasher lenses just plug and play?  What kind are they?  They look like perfect replacements. 
Are the mirror extenders 2".  Would 1" be long enough?
The LED turn signals are perfect 3 wire replacements for OEM. Plug and play except I had to cut and splice the OEM wire to retain the OEM connector. Simply combine the 2 hot leads to make them function as turn only on the rears. Ebay LED Turn Signals

$_12.JPG

The mirror extenders are 2". I don't believe Koubalink sells 1" extenders.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Clint, nice job.  What kind of glare reduction film did you buy?
Thanks @bobdog! The Anti-Glare product I picked up from Amazon. 3 for around $10. As mentioned in a couple of the reviews, in low light the display loses some sharpness and for that reason alone, I almost removed it. But once I went riding it simply wasn't an issue and on sunny days, it's perfect!! I'm leaving tomorrow on a 4 day ride through West Virginia and will provide more feedback when I return.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Going to need to figure out how to modify it since all of the LED's come on for running..

But isn't that what you want? To increase conspicuity? This is the MAIN reason I bought the Motodynamics tail light. All of the LEDs are lit brightly, then flash 3 times quickly and become even brighter when braking. I disabled the turn signal functionality.
Well when a cop stops you to talk about your tail light.... It kind of makes a need for it... I don't like being stopped by anybody. Besides, I feel the running light is far too bright, less attentive drivers might mistake it for a brake light. The brake light isn't that far brighter. 

Thankfully the tail light has DOT stamped into it so there was nothing he could do. 

Did you have to use the small extension? I did not, mine literally plugged right in and away I went. 

A quick walkaround of my FJ-09 and the accessories added. The Motodynamic tail light does not flicker like that in person.  
What kind of adjustable levers are those?  

xpress,

What state were you in when a cop stopped you because your tail light was too bright? Was the officer a city, county, state, or federal officer?

You may wish to contact the manufacturer to see if its possible to reprogram the tail light.

I love my one Off Fab tidy tail, stock tail light and turn signals with P3 conspicuity light on the sides of the license plate. Any setup with 3 spaced lights provides a triangle of light that more easily catches a follower's attention.

2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

• Premium Member
What kind of adjustable levers are those? 
Purchased from Mad Hornets 
BrakeClutch-Silver-3__44579.1411110675.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Thanks.  I ordered some clear ones.  Does anyone know were we can buy OEM connectors without having to cut up our original parts?

On the extenders I think I can get 1 inch length.  Do you think 1 inch would be good enough for a standard stature rider?

xpress, 
What state were you in when a cop stopped you because your tail light was too bright?

California.

Was the officer a city, county, state, or federal officer?

Sheriff for one of the local town/cities (it's kind of on the verge of being both I think  O_o )

You may wish to contact the manufacturer to see if its possible to reprogram the tail light.

There are options for programming and none of them include dimming the tail light's running light, nor do they include blacking out certain sections. They also did not recommend modifying the control board inside as it may damage the unit as a whole. However, they did state future models may be setup more like the factory light.

• Premium Member
Thanks.  I ordered some clear ones.  Does anyone know were we can buy OEM connectors without having to cut up our original parts? 
On the extenders I think I can get 1 inch length.  Do you think 1 inch would be good enough for a standard stature rider?
You can get Yamaha OEM connectors HERE . Yeah, I'd think 1" extenders would suffice if you can find them. 
Yamaha-turn-signal-lighting-connector-NT040-by-nippon-tanshi-gray.JPG
  • Thumbsup 1
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000