What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I rotated the handlebars back...(Bars were much farther back than those my dirt bike, so it didn't seem to be needed.)

Made a big difference in seating comfort as my testicles aren't squished and my buttocks are positioned more on the padded part of the seat. (Can feel the passenger pad against my rear.)

Now I understand why people say the seat isn't too bad.

Just needed to sit more on the seat.

I've done a few things in the past several days.
1 - installed an MRA Xcreen Sport in an effort to alleviate the loud wind roar. Unfortunately, of limited benefit.
2 - replaced the pumpkins w/ some cheap China ebay LED signals and relay. Much nicer to look at.
3 - added wheel stripes and used a bit of the left over on the side panels. Adds a nice bit of color. Although the tape didn't go on the rims anywhere near as nice as it shows in the videos. I really miss the Blurple wheels of my FZ. I don't understand why Yamaha won't bring the Race Blu to the States. =(
http://i.imgur.com/bT2zwiz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/W4KrirT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7byT5QN.jpg

• Premium Member
I don't understand why Yamaha won't bring the Race Blu to the States. =(

Because they want you to buy one next year when they bring it in as a "model update"

Then in 2017 they will bring along other gadgets from the Super Tenere & FJR, like electronic cruise control. All to make last year's model obsolete.

Cynic, moi?

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I don't understand why Yamaha won't bring the Race Blu to the States. =(
Because they want you to buy one next year when they bring it in as a "model update"

Then in 2017 they will bring along other gadgets from the Super Tenere & FJR, like electronic cruise control. All to make last year's model obsolete.

Cynic, moi?

But I'll have already farkled my current FJ and not likely I'd start over again.  Unless another jihadist deer gets me, again.

• Premium Member

Cynic, moi?

But I'll have already farkled my current FJ and not likely I'd start over again.  Unless another jihadist deer gets me, again.
but many do - just look at all of the used bikes in dealer shops that are 1 or 2 years old and have just 2-3000 miles on them (I'm making a big assumption it is the same in the US as the UK)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

but many do - just look at all of the used bikes in dealer shops that are 1 or 2 years old and have just 2-3000 miles on them (I'm making a big assumption it is the same in the US as the UK)

And Aus. Particularly the LAMS/LearnerBikes

Put on the soft side bags that FINALLY came in today. Fairly easy install, took about 20 minutes, including the funky quick release bars that keep them out of the rear tire. The bags sit securely and the included rain covers are a nice touch. Instructions were fairly complete and easy to follow. The quality of the bags seems to be good and they look nice on the bike. Time will tell how they last.

They are quite a bit smaller than I expected though!!!! ( I had only seen them in photos until I got them, I thought they would be bigger! Good thing they were free!!!) May end up getting the hard bags yet.

Then of course took my bike for the mandatory test ride!!!

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq15/BillClawson/photo_zpsvtmnwsig.jpg 
Added a MotoCentric Mototrek 7 tank bag.  My other MotoCentric bag was too big for the magnets to attach properly to the metal/plastic tank area on the new FJ-09.  This bag is small, for sure.  But it holds a hat, gloves, bottle of water (critical here in the California desert) and has a nice map pocket.  On sale at Motorcycle Superstore for $49.99 so I thought what the heck.  If it blows off on my ride tomorrow, you'll be the second people to know...right after the car behind me! But it feels very secure.  I prefer the magnetic bags and have always had good luck when properly fitted to the bike. 

Returned the Mototrek 7, too small (despite being able to cram the above items inside).  Ordered the 14, which also looks like it will fit the FJ okay, has double the capacity and only costs $5 more.  We'll see.  Good thing MS has an easy return policy.  Only cost me $7 for shipping.   

Swapped handlebar position to the forward position. It is a subtle difference but I think I like it. I finished it late tonight. We will see how much difference tomorrow when I take it for a ride.