What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I learnt that apparently you can turn the key just far enough into the on position to give you power to start and run the bike, but the first time you accelerate hard, the key flicks to the off position and scares the crap out of you!!  :)

Also got it booked in for it's 600 mile service next weekend...  That came round quicker than I was expecting.  :D

• Premium Member
Shad SH48 top case arrived yesterday. Too bad they sent me the wrong color (silver instead of titanium) and they didn't include the carbon top plate that I ordered. Guess I'll find out how good their customer service is come Monday.

Top%20box.JPG

It looks like a nice top case. How's the quality? Fit and finish? I've so close to ordering the set (panniers and top case) from Shad. Was it an easy install?

Any additional pics would be fantastic.

Good luck with customer service! Keep us in the loop.
-thanks!

• Premium Member
Added SW-Motech crash bars, easy as cake, except that the instructions didn't bother to specify the torque spec (it says "use torque for bolt DIN" or something like that, thanks guys).  PDF service manual to the rescue (33 lb/ft).

Also installed a fuse block and permanent GPS mount.  I can't even tell you how much I am going to like having a permanent GPS mount, it was a pain in the neck screwing on the RAM ball every time on the old bike.

I stopped short of installing the heatroller and tank bag power for now, I don't need those until my long trip in mid-May.  Perhaps I will just use the power port for the tank bag.

Pics to follow tomorrow when it's daylight.  Plus, the first long ride of the FJ.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
It looks like a nice top case. How's the quality? Fit and finish? I've so close to ordering the set (panniers and top case) from Shad. Was it an easy install? 
Any additional pics would be fantastic.

Good luck with customer service! Keep us in the loop.
-thanks!
Quality is great. I've owned Shad cases for years. I even had one do a "get off" at 70 mph in Asheville once because I failed to make sure that it was properly seated on the mounting plate. Case remained closed and no damage other than the road rash that you would expect. I installed it on the OEM Yamaha rack using the included hardware.  I had to trim the metal brackets in order to get them to work.
I'll get some more pics up later.

• Premium Member
Also installed a fuse block and permanent GPS mount.  I can't even tell you how much I am going to like having a permanent GPS mount, it was a pain in the neck screwing on the RAM ball every time on the old bike.

I installed my GPS yesterday as well. Used the OEM FZ-09 mount. For power, I just used posi-taps and tapped into the leads for the power outlet. Works great! 

Today was farkle city. Installed the new integrated tail light. It's crazy bright and I love the strobe effect on brake application. It WILL be noticed. Pulled the tank and air box to install a graves smog pump block off kit. Was pretty straightforward and all decel popping from the Akrapovic exhaust is now gone. While I had air box out I put the K&N filter in also. Finally I added the hand guard led light kit. Was a productive day off from work.

Took it to a local dealer and now have the parts and work scheduled for the recall issue to be handled. And, I bought a Cortech Super 2.0 18-Liter Magnetic Tank Bag. Not an exciting day, but productive.

Installed the pigtail for my electric vest and battery tender. Installed a couple of RAM balls on the bars, mounted up my GPS and wired a plug for the 12V outlet to power the GPS and radar detector (for which I still need to work out a mount).

Also determined I can modify the SW-Motech Alu-Rack of my 'busa for use on the FJ, which will save me selling it and buying another (whenever SW-Motech decides to make one). I'll post a separate thread when I get going on the fab work.