What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

About 50 miles taking it round to friends houses to show off to them!!

I really have to stop spending money on extras!! Side tank pads arrived today. Yamaha tank bag and adaptor on order. Considering the fancy Engine Oil Filler cap, the Yamaha license plate holder and of course I'm saving for the FJR panniers!!

Rode 250km yesterday and another 75km today, then ordered a radiator guard from Ebay! Oh and adjusted the chain after reading the chain thread here and on FZ forum...

Did a 2 hour ride out for WWW.MARTHACARE.ORG.UK from Glastonbury rugby club and back via some lovely somerset backroads and up cheddar gorge, about 200 bikes id guess, a constant stream of bikes that kept the cagers stuck at junctions untill we'd all gone through, going down Glastonbury and Wells high streets was fun, lots of people taking photos and waving, all to raise money for a  worthy local charity.
couple of blokes asked about the TRACER ( FJ ) so yamaha might be shifting a few more soon.

Did a 2 hour ride out for WWW.MARTHACARE.ORG.UK from Glastonbury rugby club and back via some lovely somerset backroads and up cheddar gorge, about 200 bikes id guess, a constant stream of bikes that kept the cagers stuck at junctions untill we'd all gone through, going down Glastonbury and Wells high streets was fun, lots of people taking photos and waving, all to raise money for a  worthy local charity. couple of blokes asked about the TRACER ( FJ ) so yamaha might be shifting a few more soon.
Great stuff Pilgo. Mine generated a lot of interest today as well. The local IAM group run to Grafham water, I think at least one rider will be going to arrange a road test at a local Yamaha dealer.

• Premium Member
Did a 2 hour ride out for WWW.MARTHACARE.ORG.UK from Glastonbury rugby club and back via some lovely somerset backroads and up cheddar gorge, about 200 bikes id guess, a constant stream of bikes that kept the cagers stuck at junctions untill we'd all gone through, going down Glastonbury and Wells high streets was fun, lots of people taking photos and waving, all to raise money for a  worthy local charity. couple of blokes asked about the TRACER ( FJ ) so yamaha might be shifting a few more soon.
Great stuff Pilgo. Mine generated a lot of interest today as well. The local IAM group run to Grafham water, I think at least one rider will be going to arrange a road test at a local Yamaha dealer.
Yes, it does seem to be a bit of magnet for gentlemen beyond a certain age to come to have a chat. The last time I rode a bike with that sort of magnetism was when I had a Triumph 955i Sprint courtesy bike for half a day whilst a bike was being serviced. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I fitted the Garmin, had to order a 30mm U bolt to go in the middle of the bars and it was slightly big for the Ram mount bracket so had to drill it out ever so slightly.
The Sat Nav now fits right between the bars with the U bolt nr centre and can have at any height I want- perfect.

Fitted the rad guard, glad I paid the extra for the Yam one as it looks good, fits well and seems strong.

Fitted the Powerbronze tall screen, not a keeper as directs the wind even at 30mph at my eyes (should have visor down but dont always)
taken off and returned to original at lowest setting (i,m 5`10 with short legs)

next job is fender extenders and mirror risers- got them both so maybe this week.

Fitted the rad guard, glad I paid the extra for the Yam one as it looks good, fits well and seems strong. 
Fitted the Powerbronze tall screen, not a keeper as directs the wind even at 30mph at my eyes (should have visor down but dont always)
taken off and returned to original at lowest setting (i,m 5`10 with short legs)

Glad I got the Yamaha rad cover as well for all the same reasons. 
I have the same build as you.  Short legs, long torso.  Found the screen on the lowest setting works perfect for me.

Quick ride out for me to search for extras to add to the bike... Been riding a small naked bike for years and this tall half faired bike really catches the side winds and it's been a blustery day in Derbyshire.

Tank pads fitted and looking good as well.

Hi Korben, I noticed the cross winds more with the larger screen, not to bad with the Yam one- both are brillant after the Blackbird- Hated that bike in crosswinds!! it felt like the wind was blowing the front wheel from under it! coming back through France she could here me on the motorway swearing at it! LOl

http://i.imgur.com/9tZH5lh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FbAmiNy.jpg
I got to know the bike a bit... first day with it at the house. I am really short - 28 5/8" pants inseam and could not tip toe both sides of the bike with the low seat in the low position... My Super Tenere was the same... so I pulled the adjusting tray out from under the seat and cut the seat bumpers down to lower the seat as much as possible. The bumpers sit directly on the frame now. I have also ordered the Yamaha lowering links that drop the rear suspension 15mm.
Then I installed the D&G hugger which ought to help keep things a bit cleaner. Also installed a Fenda Extenda on the front fender.
Tommorow the OEM heated grips will go on... If I don't go skiing... it is still early spring here.
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

http://i.imgur.com/9tZH5lh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FbAmiNy.jpg
I got to know the bike a bit... first day with it at the house. I am really short - 28 5/8" pants inseam and could not tip toe both sides of the bike with the low seat in the low position... My Super Tenere was the same... so I pulled the adjusting tray out from under the seat and cut the seat bumpers down to lower the seat as much as possible. The bumpers sit directly on the frame now. I have also ordered the Yamaha lowering links that drop the rear suspension 15mm.
Then I installed the D&G hugger which ought to help keep things a bit cleaner. Also installed a Fenda Extenda on the front fender.
Tommorow the OEM heated grips will go on... If I don't go skiing... it is still early spring here.

I like your r&g rear hugger. Let us know how well it keeps the dirt off the back end.