What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Boy, this modern scooter ownership is sure demanding! First you have to read everybody else's ideas, opinions and interesting purchases. Then one has to find all these cool things in the country of ownership or pay through the nose... Then you have to put all this cool stuff on your scooter... whew... I'm toooo tired to ride.
Installed Yamaha lowering links and lowered the fork tubes in the triple clamps, Kouba mirror extenders, and fabed up a side stand foot. 
http://i.imgur.com/eAdgys8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/23OyuYK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LqkspjM.jpg

Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

Since hard bags aren't in my budget currently, I've been running a set of Nelson-Rigg sport saddlebags I had leftover from an older bike... but it's been driving me nuts how I have to un-install the bags from the bike every time I want to get under either seat, so I started brainstorming a more permanent solution.

So I took off the bags, took off the stock brackets, bought 4 longer bolts, a bunch of large-diameter washers for support, and went to town. Measured and poked holes in the bags (they're already semi-rigid), ran the new bolts through new washers and the old bushings to get a little stand-off from the bike, and an hour later, I have hard-mounted soft bags. They're solidly mounted, I retained the straps folded neatly underneath in case I have an exceptional heavy item, and it looks exactly the same as before, just no straps. Best part is I have easy access to the seat again.

No pics, since I don't feel like opening an image hosting account, but if you can imagine a set of soft bags being held on near invisibly, there you go.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

I also did some luggage farkling today.

I had an SW-Motech Alu-Rack on my 'Busa, and loved it for its versatility.  I have adapters for Givi and Coocase, plus a flat platform for strapping down a duffle.  I put it up for sale with the rest of my 'Busa leftovers, but then I got to thinking...

Stock FJ grab handle setup...

DSC_0382_zpsigtx41tl.jpg

I located two holes in the 'Busa Alu-Rack where the rear stock grab handle bolts go and mocked it up...

DSC_0383_zpszfrnqauw.jpg

A pair of 1" spacers and longer bolts into the rear holes and I was in business!  Now I just had to fab up a set of forward brackets to fit the FJ.  First, I made a cardboard template, then broke out the plasma cutter and cut out a couple blanks from 3/16" mild steel (same material as the original brackets - the rack itself is aluminum).

DSC_0385_zpsdr9bgdzf.jpg

After some work with the grinder, they were ready for bending...

DSC_0386_zps5pgzcc35.jpg

Mocked up in place...

DSC_0387_zpsdaxohpz6.jpg

Drilled, tapped and mounted for fit, here you can see the spacers on the rear bolts...

DSC_0390_zpsghgi6ib3.jpg

Painted, and pillion seat back in place...

DSC_0392_zpshbiueffz.jpg
DSC_0393_zpsg1hacjvs.jpg

Here's a shot with the flat luggage plate...

DSC_0394_zpsmzb865rg.jpg

And with a small Coocase...

DSC_0397_zpsvuajz5tm.jpg

I'm sure SW-Motech will have one of these for the FJ at some point, but I'm not the patient type when I can make some minor mods and get things going! :D

BuckTown Billy.......what windshield is that.. i like it.. how does it compare to stock regarding wind noise ?
From its shape I'm pretty certain thats a shorty Ermax screen. There's a supporting vendor on the boards for them. I have their tall touring screen and like it a lot. Wind noise on any shorty screen will be brutal. It doesn't do anything other then direct wind at your chest. It's marginally better then riding 100% fairing free. I have a shorty calsci screen for hot summer riding and that mini Ermax will do the same thing. Basically and aesthetic mod only. Zero protection from wind blast.  

I added a pair of CRG black shorty levers to my FJ today. Had the same ones on the old Ducati and loved the feel. Fit was perfect as expected from a quality component. You get what you pay for when it comes to controls. 

Over the weekend I installed a Fender extender, hugger extender, Short clutch and brake levers (hand guards made a 5 minute job a bit of a pain), Givi top box rack, and givi pannier rack.

I still have to fit the scottoiler (dealer is going to attcach the vaucum hose at service) and the rad guard i ordered today.

BuckTown Billy.......what windshield is that.. i like it.. how does it compare to stock regarding wind noise ?
From its shape I'm pretty certain thats a shorty Ermax screen. There's a supporting vendor on the boards for them. I have their tall touring screen and like it a lot. Wind noise on any shorty screen will be brutal. It doesn't do anything other then direct wind at your chest. It's marginally better then riding 100% fairing free. I have a shorty calsci screen for hot summer riding and that mini Ermax will do the same thing. Basically and aesthetic mod only. Zero protection from wind blast.  

It is the Ermax screen.  A little bit better with noise than stock screen but not great.  Gonna give it a good test this weekend with ride up to Slimey Crud Run around Madison.  Best noise reduction I have found is on standing up on pegs as other have said.  So thinking a bikini screen is going to be best or some monster honky thing that covers all of you.  That large Calsci might be the call.  If it's working for someone 6ft. tall, let me know.  Can you get it in a black/smoke tint?

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq15/BillClawson/photo_zpsvtmnwsig.jpg

Added a MotoCentric Mototrek 7 tank bag.  My other MotoCentric bag was too big for the magnets to attach properly to the metal/plastic tank area on the new FJ-09.  This bag is small, for sure.  But it holds a hat, gloves, bottle of water (critical here in the California desert) and has a nice map pocket.  On sale at Motorcycle Superstore for $49.99 so I thought what the heck.  If it blows off on my ride tomorrow, you'll be the second people to know...right after the car behind me! But it feels very secure.  I prefer the magnetic bags and have always had good luck when properly fitted to the bike.