What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Guest bmidd
Installed clear Lamin-X headlight film on the lights. I already have a couple of small nicks on the lenses and ordered this stuff Monday and was delivered yesterday. Goes on super simple.
A couple of installation tips:
1. The material is delivered wrapped around a large round piece of cardboard. Lay it on the ground and give it some heat with a hairdryer on low until it lays flat.
2. Install the top edge of the headlight first, tucking it up under the bodywork a bit. This way when you finish on the bottom, the cut edge ends up right on the edge of the headlight.
3. Use the hairdryer on low to finish the bottom when using the supplied squeegee. It is a compound curve near the bottom and the material needs a little heat to adhere and lay down.

http://www.lamin-x.com/Yamaha-FJ-09-15-Headlight-Covers-p/ym025.htm

Installed crash bars & highway pegs. 

Any chance to get a pic sometime with you or someone sitting on the bike with feet on the highway pegs? Curious to see them "in use".

Just imagin giving birth ;) 

• Premium Member

Any chance to get a pic sometime with you or someone sitting on the bike with feet on the highway pegs? Curious to see them "in use".

No pictures.  I can't afford another camera after I break the one I have by taking pictures of myself.  :D 
I will say that my legs aren't fully extended with the pegs in this position.  BTW, I'm 5'8", 30" inseam.

I considered swapping sides with the crash bars and mounting them upside-down.  That would have put them in a better position for the pegs, but it would have looked goofy and the turned part at the front would have been dangerously close to the header.

As they are, they will still provide some relief on those long rides.

• Premium Member
Crash%201.JPG

Crash%202.JPG
Which Highway pegs are these can you post a link? Thanks,

Edit, I think I found them. MFW Highway Peg mounts black with the Super Grip Pegs about $150 at adventure depot:

http://advdepot.com/mfw-highway-peg-kit.html 
Both are Rivco products.  eBay link for pegs: Pegs
I don't have a link for the mounts, sorry. :(

Installed Givi v35 hard bags
Wow Michel, Superbe travail ! Je connais ce coin, c'est à Alma ! Centrale hydroélectrique de l'Île Maligne :) 
Givi cases painted red, That is why you needed the color code ! :)

I have a question about your wheels stripes.
Are they the same color or just plain red ?
Did not find any stripes on EBay with the same color.
Thanks !
Ou demeures-tu Fredogovino as-tu déjà vécu à Alma? 

Rode it to work!!! Installed the 20 buck water resistant version of a ram mount and made it so I can put it in the saddlebag when I get off the bike. Stuffed my Garmin Nuvi in it.  EMSZiID.jpg
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.