What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Rode over a hundred miles in and out of thunderstorms.  Very glad for the TC and different drive modes it was a good ride despite the rain.  Looking forward to getting through the break in stage.  Quite impressed with the FJ so far.

Melted dash. 28-30 Celsius, probably happened at work is my guess. Outside for 8 hour shift. Ermax Touring clear screen:

3FD67AF5-ADBB-4FA1-804A-EE640FA3054D_zpsrhmp3ds2.jpg
>:D :'(

Ahh.  That must have been caused by lensing of sunlight through the windshield.  It may be that the Ermax's shape and the refraction rate of the material was enough, with the sun at just the right angle, to create a good focus. 
I've never seen anything like that, crazy.
I think you are right jimf about the "lensing" through the windshield... some of the Super Tenere owners had a similar heating and deforming of plastics in a focus area behind the windshield. Solved this by draping some type of cover over the windshield. One could also change the orientation of the bike to the mid day high radiation of the sun. 
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

On my way to work!!! Broke the 10K mark. 

How on earth have you managed 10K already? That is some going. :o

I've owed my FJ09 for 94 days; avg daily rides are 106mi. By the end of the year I should be around 38k. I will continue to follow MFG maintenance and document any issues.

Be careful when installing the Cal Science windscreen. You can definitely over tighten it even with those aluminum bushings. Also make sure they send you all the hardware, screws, bushings, clear plastic washer type things that the black caps snap on. 

They didn't send me all the right hardware the first time and the wind screen blew off - yes just as I was accelerating at about 45 mph & then was shortly run over by the back wheels of a semi-truck. 

Cal Science never admitted they screwed up on the hardware but when they send me the 2nd screen (which I had to pay 1/2 price for) it was obvious pieces had been left out. 

I've installed the 2nd one with all the hardware and have put plenty of miles (and bugs & speed) on it and it works great. Just don't think you don't have to be careful installing it. Definitely be easy on how hard you tighten the screws though, it will stay on.

Be careful when installing the Cal Science windscreen. You can definitely over tighten it even with those aluminum bushings. Also make sure they send you all the hardware, screws, bushings, clear plastic washer type things that the black caps snap on.  
They didn't send me all the right hardware the first time and the wind screen blew off - yes just as I was accelerating at about 45 mph & then was shortly run over by the back wheels of a semi-truck. 

Cal Science never admitted they screwed up on the hardware but when they send me the 2nd screen (which I had to pay 1/2 price for) it was obvious pieces had been left out. 

I've installed the 2nd one with all the hardware and have put plenty of miles (and bugs & speed) on it and it works great. Just don't think you don't have to be careful installing it. Definitely be easy on how hard you tighten the screws though, it will stay on.
I ordered a large Cali Sci and it arrived without any attachment hardware. I had to wait for a while to receive the hardware kit. A couple of e-mails to Cali Sci got the kit coming. Put about 200km behind it so far and am happy with the coverage. It has stayed solid at >160kph. 

Be careful when installing the Cal Science windscreen. You can definitely over tighten it even with those aluminum bushings. ......... ...... Just don't think you don't have to be careful installing it. Definitely be easy on how hard you tighten the screws though, it will stay on.
I have the shorty CalSci, installed it many months ago. The shield had a sicker with the tightening torque: 4 ft-lb

I have 3 torque wrenches, used the smallest one for the CalSci.
I learned 20 years ago never to use the smallest setting on a mediocre torque wrench. >:(

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
]hHZmQuj.jpg to get through the break in stage.
Superb.  I got through break-in at the base of VT100 on my way up through the Green Mountains, and spent the next three days riding around through the Whites. 
The bike is good fun even during break in, the first bike I've ever owned that didn't have me crying for an end to the restrictions within a couple of days.  Plenty of go-go down low.

When you're through break-in, I recommend airing it out a little bit on Hurricane Mountain Road.  Worked for me!
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Replaced the clutch lever with a CRG shorty black lever with red adjuster. Now have matched set. Tomorrow morning for first ride to see how it works.
Can you pull it in completely without hitting the controls cluster? Any adjustment was necessary?

• Premium Member
vkLU863.png 

Great 150 mile loop with 5 others.
That looks horrible.  I should come down and ride that so you don't have to do it again.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Can you still drain the oil and get to the oil filter with the belly pan option on your ride?

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Installed an Evotech Performance http://www.evotech-performance.com/mt-09-tracer-abs/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-abs-radiator-guard-2015-onwards  radiator guard. It is a very nice, well made product and what I like is that it covers the side tanks as well as the core. It is a bit time consuming to install in that one must remove the side fairings to install. It attaches to the sides of the radiator side tanks. The website has an installation link that shows it pretty well. I purchased it from http://www.motostarz.ca/
http://i.imgur.com/GNsAmnz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0rrzi50.jpg