What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Rode it to Greater Yamaha to meet my wife and purchase her first bike. We welcomed a 2015 R3 to the family today.
Congratulations!  I'm looking at that one perhaps for my daughter in a year or two when she'll start driving/riding.  There are so many great small bikes now. 
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
Removed the cheese headed allen bolt from the footpeg carrier to fit the Givi spacer.

The bolt has blue loctite and the head of the bolt gave way before the loctite. Initially tried a torx bit hammered into the socket but it would not bite. Next tried a conventional drill bit to make a hole to use a broken screw extractor. No dice. Next tried a left hand drill bit bit the chuck started to undo before the bolt started to turn. So, I tried the torx bit approach again, now the hole was deeper and joy of joys, the bolt started to turn and came out. Perhaps the torque from the drill & left hand bit loosened the grip of the loctite?

Anyway, spacers fitted to move the footrest mounting points out to the same distance as the top luggage carriers with the Givi topbox brackets fitted. Just need the bloody Yamaha panniers to come into stock - @johan has his so hopefully when my dealer re-opens on Tuesday they will email me that the stock has arrived.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Removed the cheese headed allen bolt from the footpeg carrier to fit the Givi spacer. 
The bolt has blue loctite and the head of the bolt gave way before the loctite. Initially tried a torx bit hammered into the socket but it would not bite. Next tried a conventional drill bit to make a hole to use a broken screw extractor. No dice. Next tried a left hand drill bit bit the chuck started to undo before the bolt started to turn. So, I tried the torx bit approach again, now the hole was deeper and joy of joys, the bolt started to turn and came out. Perhaps the torque from the drill & left hand bit loosened the grip of the loctite?

Anyway, spacers fitted to move the footrest mounting points out to the same distance as the top luggage carriers with the Givi topbox brackets fitted. Just need the bloody Yamaha panniers to come into stock - @johan has his so hopefully when my dealer re-opens on Tuesday they will email me that the stock has arrived.
Clockwise tightens, ant- oh, forget it. :) How many have you broken now?  
I'm impressed with the panniers. For the price... If I don't like the panniers I can fit the SWM alu cases.

I bought a Caberg Duke helmet today, in summer in slow traffic I can open it and use it like a jet helmet. The nice young lady who helped me showed me the Shoei NXR and I promptly ordered one. I'll stay away from her in future.

• Premium Member
It's the same one - there was a 2 week gap between the 2 attempts with a Torx whilst the left hand drill bits arrived. I am now equipped to deal with further cheese fasteners if needed, although the Aldi drill really isn't man enough to apply any torque in anti-clockwise mode as the chuck comes loose.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
As far as helmets go, I have 3 now the old Arai has been binned. 1x older Raid II as a spare winter helmet as it will fit with a balaclava, the current main use XR1100 and a brand new, still in the box XR1100 as they are being sold off cheaply as end of line stock to make way for the NXR.

• Premium Member
As far as helmets go, I have 3 now the old Arai has been binned. 1x older Raid II as a spare winter helmet as it will fit with a balaclava, the current main use XR1100 and a brand new, still in the box XR1100 as they are being sold off cheaply as end of line stock to make way for the NXR.
The moment I picked up that NXR I was in trouble, it's nice and light and the fit for me was the best I've ever felt. They had one in matte black with nice graphics, but a plain white is almost £100 cheaper and I've always had either solid white or red helmets. 

• Premium Member
Hopefully, once I need to replace one of the XR1100s the NXR will fit me and be cheaper than the current new(ish) model price. Sadly it uses a different visor so my current dark one will need to be replaced

• Premium Member
Hopefully, once I need to replace one of the XR1100s the NXR will fit me and be cheaper than the current new(ish) model price. Sadly it uses a different visor so my current dark one will need to be replaced
Interesting thing is the NXR does not have sun visor, hence the small profile. I think I've used my Shark's sun visor twice. Back in the good old RSA a sun visor would have been a necessity. Not here.

Took my bike for it's first service today, 80 mile round trip , windy 35-40 mph winds, bike and I did well. Yamaha raidiator guard fitted by dealer. Have 3 free services , so only charged £75 for the guard, supplied and fitted. :)