What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Got a couple of things done, highway pegs and a new tank bag.

For the pegs I went with these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q6BRJZM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

Fit fine on the Givi bars, and they were ok on a short test ride. A little too close, but useable. I mostly use highway pegs on long interstate (or other straightish roads) runs to give my butt a different position on the seat. Makes a big difference.

image.jpeg.794793e8ef109bb5d16333a721ec33d8.jpeg

image.jpeg.ffd2c14b501eb1b8c623471022ef7b7c.jpeg

Tank bag is an SW-Motech Ion 2. As always with tank ring style bags you have to do a bunch of test fitting to get the adapter plate in the right spot. So futzed with that for a while to be sure I had it right.

image.jpeg.720619668d3f9dc7335a1189b0559848.jpeg

image.jpeg.f34762f0327852fa2d3084f508ad69b5.jpeg

Edited by RD52

I have a 21 t9 gt. I installed a akropovic full exhaust, and purchased a dna stage 2 lid while getting my ecu flashed by vcyclenut . 
I also am going down one tooth on the front sprocket . My bike will be apart for another week at least while I wait for my ecu to return , but I can’t wait to rip it once the mods are all installed ! I will post some pictures once it’s done ! 
I also installed a Corbin seat last month,  and I highly recommend this for anyone with back problems. Absolutely love my seat . Now I Just want some more torque out of the bike . I know some people will say well why didn’t you just go for the mt09 if you wanted the torque ; but I needed comfort first priority becusze I recently had two spine fusions . 
And the tracer is the most comfortable bike in my budget I’ve found to date .

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, BostonDanny said:

I know some people will say well why didn’t you just go for the mt09 if you wanted the torque

There shouldn't be any difference in torque between the Tracer 9 and the MT09, they use the same motor.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Rode it.

After a few weeks of yard work around the property getting ready for spring/summer, it was time to go for a ride - AKA 'me time'.

Extra hot day for September here but hey, isn't this the new normal?! 35C peak (95F).  Average temps for Sept 24C (75F)

image.thumb.jpeg.cf2e508b9ded4e4701926ceb538e8024.jpeg

Still, great to get out and I'm wringing the old girl beyond and sometimes well beyond the 6K RPM range more and more these days and have discovered a whole new machine as a result.

I'm only doing it to get rid of all that carbon build up of course 😉

Love that induction roar when you go WOT.  Makes you feel alive if you know what I mean - or maybe it's just that I'm getting older.....? 🤔

image.thumb.png.7ca2f4ec42372a4a316a6583e17f8aeb.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 5:27 PM, BostonDanny said:

I also am going down one tooth on the front sprocket . 

Do not do this.

It will break the cruise control.

The most you can change the gearing while preserving functional cruise control is +2 on the rear sprocket; any further and the cruise will not stay active.  I've been down this road personally, as have others on the forum.

I know some people will say well why didn’t you just go for the mt09 if you wanted the torque ; but I needed comfort first priority becusze I recently had two spine fusions

They have the same engines, same gearing, same power curve.  However, the 2nd gen have a longer swingarm than the MT09, allowing you to put more of that power down before you lift the front.  

The Tracer is also a bit larger, and if you're a bigger person it's a lot more comfortable.  

Edited by Wintersdark

On 9/20/2023 at 5:41 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

If you want torque you should have gone up to in the rear Not down in the front Still plenty of top end

You don't need the mileage you get better than the gen 1 anyway which rip just fine Without all the do dads

Up in rear is exactly the same as down in the front; it's just that each front tooth is ~2.7 rear teeth (iirc; more than 2, less than 3)

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/21/2023 at 6:54 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Life begins at 140 mph on two wheels.

Only bullfighting and motor racing are true sports, everything else are just games.

If we're going to quote Hemingway, we should do it correctly:

'There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, theog said:

If we're going to quote Hemingway, we should do it correctly:

'There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Maybe but close enough for the girls we go out with 

• Supporting Member
On 5/21/2023 at 10:25 PM, knyte said:

Thanks!

Sadly, the bolt holes don't line up.  No worries though.

As a follow-up, @Heli ATP, I had some free time yesterday and fiddled with all the bracketry and such - no clue if this is exactly how it should mount up, but I was able to affix it in a 'good enough, it seems stable' way.  I hadn't noticed the black knockout plugs in the holes of the plastic it's now mounted to.  Just popped them out, and made it work.  The worst that will  happen is the plastic may crack from a bit of pressure.

image.thumb.jpeg.d075f854294c46cd093252caea3d64f5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d2ed7dc94377dbba42525072f071f250.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6fb9bb0f9dc429db933d7d786639b5e2.jpeg

It could do with grommets, but for now it seems pretty great!

One thing I noticed IMMEDIATLY was how the wind hits my helmet now - it never did with the barn door, all I felt was turbulence.  Now I have actual AIR blowing through the vents in my helmet...

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount