What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Ordered Higdonion adventure cage with skid plate. About a week ago I cracked the oil pan on a speed bump. I have a new oil pan on order but do not want to do this again. I will be selling my SW Motech bars on here for cheap when the new skid plate is installed.

Removed the hand guards and mirrors. Installed bar end mirrors and bar end sliders I saw on the FZ-09 forum
Good heavens, man!!! Pictures!!!
Lol, okay. I gotta figure out how to post photos. its basically this set up. I had to cut short spacers off the end of old mountain bike bars to get the throttle not to stick.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/32-yamaha-fz-09-guides-how-s/2426-bar-end-mirrors-better-way.html

Just got some Chinese shorty levers for $39.99 and was surprised. The fit and and finish were as good as any $150 pair. I hated to by Chinese but I couldn't pass up the price. Just had to use the old clutch lever bushing. Got them in red and the color even matches almost perfectly. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111536451868?rmvSB=true  
those are nice! I decided that I would buy the absolute cheapest pair I could and they were/are pretty awesome. Perfect fit, finish is really nice. It bothers me a little to buy some much from China but realistically charging me $200 10 years ago for a pair of levers (CRG) was pretty brutal. They were great levers but totally not worth $200.  
My nice new ones in gold cost $23.59 delivered to my door. I would have gladly paid an American company 50-100 for a sweet pair.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Received my Puig Touring screen today.. Haven't had a chance to install it. Only had the bike for 2 weeks but the stock windscreen had to go (going more touring oriented). I will post some pictures once it is on.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I took a couple of $5 bills and stashed them in my tank bag for that one day I'm out on a ride and "Oh sh!t, I forgot my wallet and I'm running on fumes!!"
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

I took a couple of $5 bills and stashed them in my tank bag for that one day I'm out on a ride and "Oh sh!t, I forgot my wallet and I'm running on fumes!!"
That's a good suggestion. 
I embarrassingly  admit that I stuffed two $100 bills in my old Aerostich Roadcrafter front right sleeve compartment two years ago when I left on an extended trip for "just in case", lost wallet etc. Fast forward to two weeks ago I emptied all the pockets (I thought), washed it then sent it back to Aerostich for them to go over it, replacing zipper slides, some Velcro, etc. (wonderful service they offer BTW). A week later I received an Email from them saying they received the garment and went over it discovering there was $200 in a pocket which was more cash than than they felt comfortable sending back to me in the mail and did I wish they send me a check for $200 immediately or apply it to the repair cost and reconcile the difference, it might be 6 weeks? This is my testimonial to a great U.S. company putting out top class products with great product support and class employees! http://www.aerostich.com/suits

• Premium Member
Today I installed my new oil pan to replace the one I damaged on a speed bump. It took about 3 hours. I did it myself using the center stand, did not remove any wheels. I also left the O2 sensor in place, just undid the connector. I used Permatex Aviation sealer on the gasket and blue thread locker on every bolt. I am waiting on my new skid plate from Higdonion.

Today was hot and wet, so I made a mud flap for the rear shock, inspired by the one made by @redfjniner  at http://fj-09.org/thread/526/flap-protect-rear-shock-road
A plastic piece from the retail pack of a set of MX knee guards fitted after a little trim, held on to the pannier crossbrace with 2 zip ties through the existing holes.
You can see the hugger extender and lower mounts for the panniers too.
mudflap_zpszyaxha8j.jpg

I also fitted some case savers/engine guards,
fitted a rear axle spindle slider ,
adjusted the gear lever up about an inch,
and also tested a couple of cheap voltmeters.

The black one with the red readout is much brighter, but has no USB ports, and the one with blue numbers is too hard to read in daylight.
Both are cheap and not accurate, it would be better to wire one in if you were concerned about your voltage.
vmlhs_zps4xw1mwnu.jpg.vmrhs_zpstz0ndm38.jpg
vm2_zpsp0nwzhnn.jpg
vmboth_zpspfohlru8.jpg

Once this cyclonic weather disperses I'll test the gear lever height with my new boots.