What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Today was hot and wet, so I made a mud flap for the rear shock, inspired by the one made by @redfjniner  at http://fj-09.org/thread/526/flap-protect-rear-shock-road A plastic piece from the retail pack of a set of MX knee guards fitted after a little trim, held on to the pannier crossbrace with 2 zip ties through the existing holes.
You can see the hugger extender and lower mounts for the panniers too.
mudflap_zpszyaxha8j.jpg

I also fitted some case savers/engine guards,
fitted a rear axle spindle slider ,
adjusted the gear lever up about an inch,
and also tested a couple of cheap voltmeters.

The black one with the red readout is much brighter, but has no USB ports, and the one with blue numbers is too hard to read in daylight.
Both are cheap and not accurate, it would be better to wire one in if you were concerned about your voltage.
vmlhs_zps4xw1mwnu.jpg.vmrhs_zpstz0ndm38.jpg
vm2_zpsp0nwzhnn.jpg
vmboth_zpspfohlru8.jpg

Once this cyclonic weather disperses I'll test the gear lever height with my new boots.

Nice idea with the mudflap. Look at the forward end of the hugger, there is a cut-out that Yamaha seeming designed so that mud can pass through to the shock. Your flap will not stop that.

Today was hot and wet, so I made a mud flap for the rear shock, inspired by the one made by @redfjniner  at http://fj-09.org/thread/526/flap-protect-rear-shock-road 

Nice idea with the mudflap. Look at the forward end of the hugger, there is a cut-out that Yamaha seeming designed so that mud can pass through to the shock. Your flap will not stop that.

True. I wonder why the hole is there ?
Might try covering it a bit of gaffer tape and see if it gets dirty.

• Premium Member
I installed the T-Rex Racing frame slider kit. It came with two case covers, two frame sliders, two axle sliders and bobbins for a rear wheel stand for $290. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Everything installed without drama (barely had time to finish my beer!). The big bolts on the frame sliders aren't too stylish. Hopefully I can track down something nicer looking before dry weather arrives and I'm too busy riding to care. ;>)

4313176.jpg  

4313173.jpg

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Went for a ride out to the Yahala Bakery. A bunch of bikers there with various brands. I met a fellow FJ09 owner (Steve). We chatted for a while. He said he's on this forum. Maybe we can organize a ride soon?
Oh yeah, I cleaned and re-lubed my chain when I got home. Life is good....
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I swapped out my OEM oil drain plug for the Mazda shorty replacement, filled the oil, tightened the filter, and re-installed my reflashed ECU.

I left the side panels, signals and tank shroud plastics uninstalled, since the tank will be coming back off on Monday for the cruise control install.

I also installed my new Givi TankLock ring. The BF23 ring is rather tall, and a bit visually obtrusive, but I'll probably have the tank bag on all the time anyway.

I fitted some Grip Puppies which mitigated *some* of the vibrations coming thru my "handguardless" handlebars. If Don at Vibranator would ever respond to my repeated emails for purchasing instructions, I'd love to install a set of those!

I also installed a set of Woodcraft frame sliders that are mounted on the forward-most engine mounts. They look like they'll do a proper job of protection. And, an added bonus, they also provide a place for me to place my feet when I need to straighten my long legs - 34" inseam - w00t!!

3 daze ago, I installed my new Corbin seat - wow!! What an improvement that made in my ass's comfort, the factory plank, errrr stock seat, is a cruel joke foisted on us by Yamaha...
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
I fitted some Grip Puppies which mitigated *some* of the vibrations coming thru my "handguardless" handlebars. If Don at Vibranator would ever respond to my repeated emails for purchasing instructions, I'd love to install a set of those!  
I also installed a set of Woodcraft frame sliders that are mounted on the forward-most engine mounts. They look like they'll do a proper job of protection. And, an added bonus, they also provide a place for me to place my feet when I need to straighten my long legs - 34" inseam - w00t!!

3 daze ago, I installed my new Corbin seat - wow!! What an improvement that made in my ass's comfort, the factory plank, errrr stock seat, is a cruel joke foisted on us by Yamaha...
I emailed Don, and he responded saying they had an FJ on hand and fitted the Vibranators to it. I asked for a part number and a price but haven't heard back from him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and presume he's trying to update his catalog. He did allow that they would not work with the stock handgards.  I wonder if anyone has tried a Bar Snake? I have the SW Motech crash bars, and intend to supplement them with Woodcraft Case Protectors. Seems like cheap insurance for holing a case. Couldn't agree more on the Corbin, corrects 1 of the two major annoyances of the FJ....the other being the windshield, amply corrected by Madstad 22" screen. Rant over, Kirk out.....

• Premium Member
Installed another tankful of gas and made it disappear.
A few of us will be in your area next Friday. It will be a long 513 mile day riding from the 33/166, to the 58 to the 229, to the 41, on into Cambria for lunch. Then turn around and head home.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I don't recognize any of those highway numbers, and the only Cambria I know is over on the coast near San Luis Obispo. You sure about being in "my area"? I live in Angels Camp in the Sierra foothills where Highways 49 and 4 cross... south of Lake Tahoe and north of Yosemite.

Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/220/fj-today?page=72#ixzz3zOiiujB6

• Premium Member
I don't recognize any of those highway numbers, and the only Cambria I know is over on the coast near San Luis Obispo. You sure about being in "my area"? I live in Angels Camp in the Sierra foothills where Highways 49 and 4 cross... south of Lake Tahoe and north of Yosemite. 
Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/220/fj-today?page=72#ixzz3zOiiujB6
Nope, nowhere near you. I was mistaken. Way south of Angeles Camp. OOPS. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)