What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Well, I haven't done anything to the FJ in a while, but I'm doing something for the FJ and other toys that will reside in it.

Started construction on a new garage.  This is in addition to the 2-car attached garage that we already have.

Looking forward to having some work space and a place to keep tools and toys.  Also looking forward to finally being able to park our cars in the original attached garage!

Stem%20wall.jpg

Its on a Penske 8983 I dont know if they are the same part or not. I have a 550 lb 5 inch 2.25 ID spring for sale though $35 shipped if it works on the stocker....

upgraded my 500 lb spring to 600 lb. Rear suspension done! 
Need to order a few more parts for the front now....

Doc, did you do this on a stock shock?  If so, part # Please!

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
The benefits of the Shorai batteries are many. Googling will bring you the answers you seek.
I was unhappy with my Shorai.  Unless they have made some changes that make the battery work better, I won't buy another.  Due to the slow warm up and having to start the FJR two - three times to get the bike to start.  The first crank was very slow, the second not much better, the third would spin it so fast, of course it would start.  My problem was that it caused a situatiion that was wearing out the starter motor, starter motor gears and fly wheel gears.  After two years, the battery sits in my garage with a full charge because I don't want to prematurely wear out engine parts.
Triumph owners better avoid LiFe batteries then, the way those things go through sprag clutches...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

nice! First, whats that pad called? Doesnt look like an Airhawk. Second, did you have to cut any wiring to use the CC?

thanks!

Yesterday was a good day, I installed an M4 slip on exhaust. 

Added some padding to the seat.

Installed my ECU that's been flashed by 2wheeldynoworks. 

And finished in installing my AP900C cruise control from Brandondist.com.

2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

The benefits of the Shorai batteries are many. Googling will bring you the answers you seek.
I was unhappy with my Shorai.  Unless they have made some changes that make the battery work better, I won't buy another.  Due to the slow warm up and having to start the FJR two - three times to get the bike to start.  The first crank was very slow, the second not much better, the third would spin it so fast, of course it would start.  My problem was that it caused a situatiion that was wearing out the starter motor, starter motor gears and fly wheel gears.  After two years, the battery sits in my garage with a full charge because I don't want to prematurely wear out engine parts.
We are having the same issues with SSB Lithiums at work on the dirt bikes, awesome cranking amps when hot but thats not when you bloody need them... I run a Motocell Lithium in my VW buggy though and it is awesome, doesn't even give the starter motor a chance to spin and the motor has started!

• Premium Member

And finished in installing my AP900C cruise control from Brandondist.com.

How about a write up on the Cruise Control.  (to get us ready for when Cruisin gets our deal done). 
Forthcoming, hopefully today or tomorrow. 

• Premium Member
nice! First, whats that pad called? Doesnt look like an Airhawk. Second, did you have to cut any wiring to use the CC? 
thanks!

And finished in installing my AP900C cruise control

I ordered the seat pad from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006JMK7N8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1455631729&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=coleman+comfort+ride
I rode it for about 60mi yesterday and for >$20 it's a notable improvement over stock. Not my idea though as I seen it on another member's bike and thought I'd try it.
Yes I did have to splice a couple wires for the cc. I bought my kit before Cruizin started working with Brandondist so plug-n-play wasn't on the horizon. I have also been working behind the scenes with Joe on adapting this kit to our FJs. I still have some minor programming adjustments to make however the unit works great. It held 73-74 mph on the hills here in San Diego no problem for about 60 miles.

thanks! I just ordered the seat cover, for the price its worth a shot. Sad part = its going over the seat concepts seat!

As for the CC, I'll hold off for Cruizin to make it happen.

thanks!

I ordered the seat pad from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006JMK7N8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1455631729&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=coleman+comfort+ride I rode it for about 60mi yesterday and for >$20 it's a notable improvement over stock. Not my idea though as I seen it on another member's bike and thought I'd try it.
Yes I did have to splice a couple wires for the cc. I bought my kit before Cruizin started working with Brandondist.com so plug-n-play wasn't on the horizon. I have also been working behind the scenes with Joe (brandondist.com) on adapting this kit to our FJs. I still have some minor programming adjustments to make however the unit works great. It held 73-74 mph on the hills here in San Diego no problem for about 60 miles.

2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I got my Givi SV201 soft bags from ebay for 90 bucks no shipping no tax. They fit the FJ nicely, they are on the small size but with a top box you will have plenty room for any excursion.
Was that new or used? I looked on eBay and they are over $150. Thanks!

I got my Givi SV201 soft bags from ebay for 90 bucks no shipping no tax. They fit the FJ nicely, they are on the small size but with a top box you will have plenty room for any excursion.
Was that new or used? I looked on eBay and they are over $150. Thanks!
I got a new set off fleabay last year from a private party for same price with shipping. I think they've been discontinued but still readily available.   
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
I raised the stock windshield 2 3/8".

[attachment id=657" thumbnail="1]

Then took it to MCAS  (Marine Corps. Air Station) Miramar to visit the The Flying Leathernecks Aviation Museum. 

[attachment id=660" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=659" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=658" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
Installed the Higdonian crash bars/skid plate. It's perfect. I'm leaving for Death Valley and parts unknown tomorrow for a week, and I feel much more protected now. Not afraid of rocky dirt roads.
Pistons or pedals, 2 wheels are where it's at...