What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

You mention you were getting 48+MPG......I used to get that no problem. All a sudden lately, I struggle to get 42-43 MPG average. Nothing has changed in my riding style. Bike only has 4700 miles on it. What do you think could be the cause of my issue? Does the dealer need to be looking at something for me?[span]     
[/span]
Could it be the colder temps? I have noticed that my mileage is lower and the coolant temp gauge doesn't get above about 140-150. The ECU is likely running a rich fuel mixture, thus reducing mileage. Should improve with warmer days.
Here in Arizona, its been in the upper 70's all the way to high 80's for the past several weeks. Doesn't seem to have changed since warming up. Then again, it really doesn't get all that cold here right now. Perhaps it could also be the added weight from my luggage (givi top and side cases), but I really don't think that should have THAT big of an effect on it (5+mpg)

• Premium Member
You mention you were getting 48+MPG......I used to get that no problem. All a sudden lately, I struggle to get 42-43 MPG average. Nothing has changed in my riding style. Bike only has 4700 miles on it. What do you think could be the cause of my issue? Does the dealer need to be looking at something for me?[span]     
[/span]
Could it be the colder temps? I have noticed that my mileage is lower and the coolant temp gauge doesn't get above about 140-150. The ECU is likely running a rich fuel mixture, thus reducing mileage. Should improve with warmer days.
Efficiency is usually better on colder days as the air is denser so you get more O2 molecules in each litre of air. 
So many variables for fuel consumption. In winter, in this area the biggest factor affecting fuel consumption is the high winds we have had for a month or so. The other thing to check is tyre pressure - in the cold, the pressure will drop increasing fuel consumption. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Today I purchased it and rode it home. What a bike!!
Congrats! Just wait a few months... you'll love it even MORE as you get the miles on it. :)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
With the weather here in Central Florida being in the thirties this morning, I went for a good three hundred mile ride. Totally clear blue skies. The FJ09 just humming along. I have to put heated grips on my to buy list. I really could have used it in the wee hours of this morning. I had to stop, grab some coffee and thaw my hands out at about 7:30 a.m. . Who would have thought that I would need heated grips in Florida. :-0 I rode around the Ocala National forest then headed east to Flagler beach. Rode south along A1A then back home. It's funny I'm getting some, "FJ09DF" or better known as, "FJ09 Delay Factor". Mainly because the bike looks awesome and there is no brand labels except for the Yamaha logo. So I get asked, "What brand bike is that? It's usually followed by, "Cool bike". I'm used to being stopped and asked questions while on my Ural Gear-Up but I didn't expect it on my FJ09... It's all good....
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
It's funny I'm getting some, "FJ09DF" or better known as, "FJ09 Delay Factor". Mainly because the bike looks awesome and there is no brand labels except for the Yamaha logo. So I get asked, "What brand bike is that? It's usually followed by, "Cool bike". I'm used to being stopped and asked questions while on my Ural Gear-Up but I didn't expect it on my FJ09... It's all good....
I'm really loving the FJ09DF.... only 'those in the know' recognize the Yammer forks on the cowling. The less educated... left to guess. It's kinda fun, and cool. :)

Our average temperature in Minnesota for the 27th of February is around 35 degrees. Today it hit 61. Needless to say The FJ got fired up and put about 100 miles on. It was the first time with the reflash that Nels had done. Day and night difference. I did the "A" mode start up and you'd think you were in "B" or Standard. The on off jerkiness was almost totally gone even when when you were driving around town. And none at all when you were running through the gears. In "B" mode for around town it was an absolute joy to ride. My hats off to 2 Wheel Dyno Works. The best money I spent so far. Sure felt nice to get out and ride. Tomorrow, 36 and snow showers. BAH!!!!!!!!

Our average temperature in Minnesota for the 27th of February is around 35 degrees. Today it hit 61. Needless to say The FJ got fired up and put about 100 miles on. It was the first time with the reflash that Nels had done. Day and night difference. I did the "A" mode start up and you'd think you were in "B" or Standard. The on off jerkiness was almost totally gone even when when you were driving around town. And none at all when you were running through the gears. In "B" mode for around town it was an absolute joy to ride. My hats off to 2 Wheel Dyno Works. The best money I spent so far. Sure felt nice to get out and ride. Tomorrow, 36 and snow showers. BAH!!!!!!!!
P.S. My mileage seems to have improved slightly. Only a hundred miles today but it was showing 53mph. Granted I took it easy with the winter sand on the road but Nels said I'd probably see a slight increase. 

• Premium Member
Added some lightning bolts, then covered both foot pegs with un-stylish rubber hand grips [held w/2 black zip ties]. 
The bike now has reduced vibration on the feet and also feels a lot faster (rofl)

LOL.... stickers add +5hp per side!

Over the weekend, installed:
- DNA Air Filter. Straight forward swap
- Cheap 'chinese' aftermarket levers. They were for the MT-09, FZ-09, but I had no issues with installation or interference with indicator housing. Photo's to follow.
- Aftermarket numberplate holder.
- Balanced the throttle bodies ... Now she runs smooth as silk, even cruising at 90 mph. Before i had terrible vibration through pegs.

Now waiting for the Matris suspension to arrive :)

Now waiting for the Matris suspension to arrive :)
I'm waiting for your Matris suspension to arrive and get installed. Ride report, you'll be the first to let us know.  
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Its due in on the 14th March .. as its through an Italian seller, I'm assuming that is when they receive the item?

It will take about 4-5 days for it to arrive (in the UK)?

I hope to receive it by the 19th March, for install over that weekend .. otherwise I;ll have to wait until the following weekend.

The reseller has advised me that NO SPECIAL TOOLS are required??? ... But as a precaution, I've ordered a fork oil level tool and a spring compressor.
I already have the correct sized socket, for the 36mm fork nut.

UPDATE: Shipping now due on 17/03/2016 (17th March)

• Premium Member
The reseller has advised me that NO SPECIAL TOOLS are required??? ... But as a precaution, I've ordered a fork oil level tool and a spring compressor.
Depends on your definition of "special tools" I guess. You'll also need a 14mm allen wrench to remove the front axle.  Most people don't have one, since most allen sets only go up to 10mm.

Some folks have gotten by with taking a bolt with a 14mm head and screwing a 14mm nut all the way up to the head in a jam nut config and using that.  

It's preferable to have the right tool though.  I bought a set of 3 (12mm, 14mm and 17mm) for less than ten bucks from Amazon.

81Lrim1GRSL._SL1500_.jpg