Gear shifter lever

webphisher

About 800 miles on my bike and it looks like the rubber is already tearing up bad.  Any suggestions on a good replacement shifter, just the lever itself.  And to be clear I mean the foot control not the clutch lever.  Already replaced that with some shorties.

About 800 miles on my bike and it looks like the rubber is already tearing up bad.  Any suggestions on a good replacement shifter, just the lever itself.  And to be clear I mean the foot control not the clutch lever.  Already replaced that with some shorties.
You can buy the rubber piece, part 5EB-18113-00-00 for a few dollars. 
http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/yam/546a26ccf87002164cb28022/shift-shaft

Also, that's unusual that it's tearing up bad.  Have a picture? Do you ride in spiked shoes haha?

• Premium Member
There is a company that makes a shifter sock out of rubber. I comes in several colors. I seem to remember they were less than $10 us. The name escapes me just now. They are to protect your boots. I have one on my other bike. I will try to post a photo when I get home.

• Premium Member
There is a company that makes a shifter sock out of rubber. I comes in several colors. I seem to remember they were less than $10 us. The name escapes me just now. They are to protect your boots. I have one on my other bike. I will try to post a photo when I get home.
they also make condoms for gnomes
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

they also make condoms for gnomes
I think they prefer "little people" Hahaha 

So a different question about the shifter, can I change the reset travel on it. Meaning how far up I have to raise my foot after downshifting before I can shift again? I'm finding I have to move my foot up way too far for comfort to be able to shift down again.

• Premium Member
So a different question about the shifter, can I change the reset travel on it. Meaning how far up I have to raise my foot after downshifting before I can shift again? I'm finding I have to move my foot up way too far for comfort to be able to shift down again.
rotate the shift lever on the gearbox shaft - sounds like the pedal is set too high - but it's a compromise as lower it too much and you will have difficulty shifting up!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

So what I want to do is slightly different, I want to not have to raise the gear shift all the way up to down shift each time.

So in the gun world, the trigger has to move forward far enough to reset before I can pull it again.  We call it trigger reset.  I wanna be able to downshift faster by not having to reset the lever each time.

• 2 months later...

Archived