Heated gear ?

WOW, the X/Large has gone up $12.00 in the last 30 minutes but still a killer deal. I paid $64.82. :P
Great deal! But I'm seeing prices of $120 now. They must have adjusted the prices very quickly earlier today. 
Twice what I paid earlier. At first I thought it was a miss print when I saw it this morning. Large regular WAS $59.61 and I got an extra large regular for $64.82.  
I spotted a super deal once before from Amazon on Castrol RS synthetic oil and Amazon cancelled my order saying they had made a mistake on pricing. They sent me a free single quart for their error. How about six or at least three quarts Amazon? ???

The jacket is a go. I checked order status awhile ago and it will be here on Monday with Prime shipping. I should have ordered 1/2 dozen or so @ that price. Would have been happy to pass the savings onto members wanting one. End of the season somewhat for heated gear. The previous years models will be cleared out so keep your eyes peeled. More will come up.

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Amazon has different suppliers. The price you saw was for one supplier. When that stock is gone it shows the next lowest. So you scored big!.

I got my helmet cam for about half price by paying attention to all the listed prices :)

If you add it to your cart or maybe a wishlist you should get notifications of price changes. Might be able to see if anymore get listed at that price.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I don't really need one, but a new GERBING jacket liner at $139 shipped seemed like a good idea.

At 77 watts, plus whatever my old Gerbing jacket liner draws (assume the same), , does anyone know if the FJ-09 puts out an extra 150 watts, so I can run both jacket liners at once? With grips, or am I dreaming?

• Premium Member
I don't really need one, but a new GERBING jacket liner at $139 shipped seemed like a good idea. 
At 77 watts, plus whatever my old Gerbing jacket liner draws (assume the same), , does anyone know if the FJ-09 puts out an extra 150 watts, so I can run both jacket liners at once? With grips, or am I dreaming?
The specifications state: 415 Watts at 5,000 rpm, so 77/12=6.42 amps. Rectifier capacity is 50 amps, so you should be fine (not sure how many Watts are taken up by normal operation, IE lights, ABS, Dash...). Make sure you hook to the battery as we do not have any accessory outlets that can support more than 2.5 amps. (Volts X Amps=Watts), so Watts/Volts=Amps.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Thanks. This is good news. It seems like I'm likely to have enough juice to run grips AND 2 jacket liners at the same time. A comfortable wife is a happy wife. And with luck, the Gerbing dual controller that I bought assuming I would eventually want gloves (I no longer do), will run both jackets too.

If you add it to your cart or maybe a wishlist you should get notifications of price changes. Might be able to see if anymore get listed at that price.
Yes, that's how I had it, in my cart. I went to purchase some other items and was questionable when I saw the Gerbing's price. Especially after getting cancelled on the Castrol order. The oil however, I ordered five cases which maybe that set up a red flag. Perhaps if I'd ordered one case, I might have gotten it. Who knows.   

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

On your oil there was probably a few at the price listed and many more not at that price. It's based on the prices that the vendors set. Hell, there might only have been 1 at that price, much lik ethe jacket today  ;)

I looked at it for a while but I have a battery powered vest and couldn't justify it. Then someone else got the $74 deal...

Yes, that's how I had it, in my cart. I went to purchase some other items and was questionable when I saw the Gerbing's price. Especially after getting cancelled on the Castrol order. The oil however, I ordered five cases which maybe that set up a red flag. Perhaps if I'd ordered one case, I might have gotten it. Who knows.   

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought a 2016 fj09 and need to add a plug to run my electric vest (that I currently run on my r1100rt).

Stock plug is only rated for 2 amps, what are folks doing to supply power to their electric clothes? Any pics of the installation and the routing of their cords when actually riding the bike?

for example on my rt my cord goes from the bottom of the jacket front, is held up by a clip on my jacket and then the cord goes forward to the powerlet plug on the dash. So it does not scratch tank and I can stand up freely on the bike.

• Premium Member
I have a First Gear (formerly Gerbing) heated jacket. I ran fused power directly off the battery, under the tank, and up to the Heat Troller mounted above the dash, like so:

SbZaMIH.jpg

The output wire runs back under the tank and exits between the seat and tank. I can't take additional pictures because I'm halfway across the country without my FJ at the moment. But routing the cables was easy thanks to plenty of space under the tank.

• Premium Member
I have Keis heated clothing - I used the supplied harness direct to the battery with a fly lead emerging from under the seat which I connect my controler to. I will just tuck the lead under the seat in summer. I can simply remove the inline fuse to isolate the terminal.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 months later...
I bought a tour master 2.0 jacket liner which I like okay. Comes with the harness which I installed on the left side behind my leg so I can stand, etc. (on two bikes)
It arrive DOA. in looking at the web that is very common for TM controllers.

I was surprised that revzeella requires me to contact the "warranty team" to return the dead controller and pay the return shipping even though I only received the controller itself two days ago. 

After seeing so many postings of dead TM controllers my next new heated liner will be something else although so far I am liking the TM jacket itself. Wish someone else made a vest without a collar as I think that would be very versatile under a variety of jacket collars. As far as I can find only TM makes a vest without a collar.

(I already have an older vest with a collar which is sure much better than nothing)

• Premium Member
Keis X10 vest has no collar - I wear it over a long sleeved T shirt and if really cold, put a fleece over the Keis vest rather than use the outer jacket's thermal layer. That allows me to use the fleece for casual wear at a destination (such as popping out of the office at lunchtime).
http://www.keisapparel.co.uk/product/keis-x10-heated-bodywarmer/
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Keis X10 vest has no collar - I wear it over a long sleeved T shirt and if really cold, put a fleece over the Keis vest rather than use the outer jacket's thermal layer. That allows me to use the fleece for casual wear at a destination (such as popping out of the office at lunchtime). http://www.keisapparel.co.uk/product/keis-x10-heated-bodywarmer/
Thanks, I didn't know they carried such a vest.  Although at a quick glance I don't see who carries the Keis in the US. 
Looks like it uses the standard coax connector?

• Premium Member
yes - standard connector

lots of US forum members have ordered stuff from EU sources which arrives in a few days. Check Amazon & Ebay shops.

Archived