my special fj09

Would love to see/read more about the details. How do the outriggers swing up? How is the wheelchair mounted?
I was paralyzed in 2005 in a desert racing accident. I have been riding a can-am spyder for the last 5 years. I just wanted to ride two wheels again. I originally was looking at a fjr 1300ae and the new Hondas that have the automatic shifter,but after seeing them they were just to big for what I wanted to do.  
  I use a pingal electric shifter to shift. It has two buttons (up /down) on the left side of the bars. The outriggers are operated by a toggle switch on my right side. I push forward as I am stopping and they come down (hopefully)haha. As I take off I hit the togle switch with the back of my thumb and they come up. The outriggers are operated by a 12v linear actuator. There is no kit for this,so everything was made by me and my brother-in-law.
 I just finished this last week, so I have only ridden twice so for. The riding part is easy for me but the starting and stopping will take some time to feel confident. It's a new adventure for me. Thanks for reading

• Premium Member
That's fantastic. Did you make a custom cradle to hold the wheelchair? Cinched down with bindings or nylon straps or something else? I'm especially interested in the wheelchair holder since I would like to figure out a DIY system for carrying my bicycle on the motorcycle (the 2x2 rack is the back up). Thanks.

That's fantastic. Did you make a custom cradle to hold the wheelchair? Cinched down with bindings or nylon straps or something else? I'm especially interested in the wheelchair holder since I would like to figure out a DIY system for carrying my bicycle on the motorcycle (the 2x2 rack is the back up). Thanks.
I did build a rack to support my chair, but it ties into some supports on the side. If you want to build something to carry your bike,I would build it off of a rear rack. THIS way the rack is already available to buy and easy to mount your bike 

Archived