New mapping for 2017 models, can we get that for ours too?

Not sure if anyone has contacted their dealer on this yet but the latest review on the 2017 FZ-09 seems to indicate that Yamaha has fixed the fuel map problem for all the bikes using the 847cc triple ( see below ).  I will ask my dealer about it later this week, was just wondering if anyone else had asked.

2017 FZ-09 Review
http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-yamaha-fz-09-naked-sportbike-motorcycle-review-first-ride?cmpid=enews022317&spMailingID=27996146&spUserID=NzM4NjMwMzEzMzIS1&spJobID=984510980&spReportId=OTg0NTEwOTgwS0#page-3

I would only do this if it was offered free of charge. Otherwise I would just go with a custom reflash.

Although the multiple modes of traction control would be really nice to have. So it would be good to know if we can get it.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I would suspect it would be free, my bike is still covered under warrantee and I would expect I can ask if they can flash using the 2017 software. I just want the improved fueling.

I dunno. You might be asking too much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Free, from a dealer? Ha Ha Ha hardy ha ha! They will charge program fee, tech fee, email fee, shipping fee for their programmer, coffee fee, "sales mngr got drunk and wrecked his truck last month" fee, "our $8 an hour tech screwed up too many bikes and we are getting sued" fee.

Lol, I would expect this mapping to cost $359, and then a @2wheeldynoworks tuned FJ-09 will pass ya doing a wheelie.

But, I may be wrong and will be thrilled if Yamaha offers this for free and dealers go along with it.

Im happy I have traction control but to have 3 modes is overkill and pointless in my book, I would rather master 1 mode than to be mehh in all 3 modes...I even pulled the fuse for the ABS ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Fortunately it is an upgrade over the first stock mapping. Unfortunately it is still not very good and is not a tuned map as it still must adhere to EPA emissions regulations etc with the same software restrictions and whatnot built into it.

That's why we have you!

• Premium Member
I got three free EFI tune updates on my 2000 TT600 from the Triumph dealer, one after the warranty expired. But on that bike it was pretty easy, they just plugged their programmer into an under-seat harness. No tools and about three minutes of labor. Too bad it's not so simple on the FJ.

Not sure if anyone has contacted their dealer on this yet but the latest review on the 2017 FZ-09 seems to indicate that Yamaha has fixed the fuel map problem for all the bikes using the 847cc triple ( see below ).  I will ask my dealer about it later this week, was just wondering if anyone else had asked.  
2017 FZ-09 Review
http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-yamaha-fz-09-naked-sportbike-motorcycle-review-first-ride?cmpid=enews022317&spMailingID=27996146&spUserID=NzM4NjMwMzEzMzIS1&spJobID=984510980&spReportId=OTg0NTEwOTgwS0#page-3

Quote from Cycle World: "The original 2014 FZ-09 was marred by snatchy throttle response, and while that improved over the last two years, this year it’s really good. All three 847cc triples—the FZ, FJ and XSR—now share the same mapping and it’s nigh-on perfect." 
They probably just made them all conform to the FJ's and there is nothing new for us, but we can pray.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

When the 2015 FJ-09 first came out Cycle World and other publications stated that although the fueling had been very rough on the 2014 FZ-09 that it was greatly improved on the FJ-09 ( and 2015 FZ)and was essentially no longer an issue. But when I first got my bike I commented right here in the forum how snatchy the fueling was compared with other bikes I owned. I'm sure the 2017 is even better, but probably not perfect. That's why I had the ECU flash from 2 Wheel Dynoworks and certainly recommend it to others. Plus, now I cruise all day long at 125 mph plus. (Lyin' about that last part!)

I talked to the dealer last week, still waiting to hear back from them. I am leaning towards getting it flashed from 2 wheel ( the 1+ week downtime will hurt ) if they come back with any kind of hesitation on doing it or if it costs me anything in shop time. I just want to be able to smoothly roll on the throttle, even in A mode, and not feel myself working at keeping the throttle from jumping. I'm no pro but I had no such problems on past bikes. This is the only aspect of this bike ( so far ) that is frustrating to me.

I asked my dealerships Service Department today, but he didn't seem real interested in looking into it.  Said he'd know if there were any updates, which I don't really believe.  

Anyway, started flipping through the screens on the 2017 they have in stock to see the differences in display. There is a CRNT FUEL in the Display 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 screens.  This is place where you can change which options show up on the three available toggle screens.

I don't remember that being on my 2016, although I'm at work and can't verify.  There was a thread on here about wishing they put a screen on that told you how many miles you had left until you're out of fuel.  I wonder if that's what this ?!  That'd be nice to have.

I took a pic, but the hosting site for posting pics on the forum is blocked at my work.

...There is a CRNT FUEL in the Display 1-1...

My 2015 FJ 100% has the CRNT fuel option in the menus. I don't generally use it, but it is definitely there.. did you notice any new lights/indicators in regards to the multiple traction control settings.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived