Rear hugger hole

Hello 

Slowly but surely I am getting tired of cleaning stuff around rear shock (splash from rear tire) that are coming through a hole 1cmx1cm
on rear hugger. 

Wondering if anyone has managed to plug/cover this hole and minimise water/dirt splash ?

294i5pj.jpg

• Premium Member
Hello  
Slowly but surely I am getting tired of cleaning stuff around rear shock (splash from rear tire) that are coming through a hole 1cmx1cm
on rear hugger. 

Wondering if anyone has managed to plug/cover this hole and minimise water/dirt splash ?

294i5pj.jpg
It looks like they had to put some kind of relief there to prevent crud build up as an afterthought or something, it would have been smart if they had tucked that hugger inside the swingarm so the crap would flow through instead of deflecting off the top and going all over everything. I had a similar problem with a gs I had and ended up having to get creative with some rubber flaps because it was trashing the back of my legs but I haven't messed with this bike yet. Were in extreme drought conditions down here now so this won't be a problem for me anytime soon but I wish it was cause I'm getting tired of eating dust and were burning up all over place here.
BLB

RTV is room temperature vulcanisation, or more simply a mastic that goes off by itself without need for a curing agent. Motor factors will sell them as instant gasket or simply sealant.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 3 years later...

I got tired of looking at that unfinished ugly hole in rear hugger.  I found a clean solution to plug the hole.  I purchased a Horseshoe Rubber Grommet, Rubber Plug 1" Diameter p.n. 927-2846 off eBay sold by Aeclsouth in lot of quantity of 10, but they sold me quantity of 1 for $2 + $2 S&H.  Attached photos shows how I trimmed Rubber Horseshoe Grommet to fit.  I folded bottom flap back under hugger.  Photos show both inside and outside of hugger with rubber grommet on my 2016 FJ-09.

1603457976_FJ-09HuggerHorseshoeGrommet.thumb.jpg.eec58e48d03029607a44f82908c56010.jpg1267619238_FJ-09HuggerInside.thumb.jpg.44b59190ba08c2339e342052fcc73014.jpg2014615950_FJ-09HuggerOutside.thumb.jpg.e355c6d5ced4fd15702eeafe69e5af84.jpg

• Thanks 1