considering purchase

Recently test road a FJ-09 and really liked the bike with a few exceptions.

My big issue was vibration through the bars which made for some unpleasantness after my hands started to tingle then ache. Pretty happy with most other aspects of the bike. My question is, is there any way to eliminate this vibration issue?

Make sure all things on the handlebar are tight... I accidentally left my left handguard loose at the bar end and it took about 5 mins to make my hand go numb... Avoid the "death grip", my grip is light enough I can comfortably keep my pinkie pointed and move it around... if I did grab the handlebars to tight I can feel vibrations that would get annoying...

Edit: this bike has the least amount of vibrations out of any bike I owned, its to the point I think its feel silky smooth... 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Hand-guards not tightened is a problem for new bikes. I had one fall off on my way home from the dealership. By the time I got back the bolt on the other side had backed almost all the way out. Some people have had good luck with grip puppies for smoothing some of the remaining vibration out.

• Premium Member
Grip Puppies. They provide some isolation from vibes and increase the diameter of the grip, which makes them more comfortable and easier to manipulate, IMO. Plus, they won't decrease the effectiveness of heated grips if you have them.

• Premium Member
Grip Puppies. They provide some isolation from vibes and increase the diameter of the grip, which makes them more comfortable and easier to manipulate, IMO. Plus, they won't decrease the effectiveness of heated grips if you have them.
Hey Bob, how about a picture tour of your new shed?  

• Premium Member
I'll put a few up in the thread I started for it.  Turned out good! 

Edit:  It appears that the thread has been taken down.  Can't find it.

Was it moved?

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
100% agree with this statement. ^

I started with just grip puppies.  For me it didn't seem enough though did provide some improvement for the vibration.

I did like the larger diameter, and the oem heated grips still worked great.

When the grip puppies weren't enough, I've now since put on 2 1/2" extended throttle and clutch cables from motion pro so I could fit 2" rox anti-vibration handle bar risers.

(the brake hose I changed the angle out of the master cylinder, and re-positioned the retention clip at the other end to give a little bit of slack.  When I replace the brake hoses when replacement period is up, I'll get a braided stainless steel hose that is slightly longer.)

This has reduced the vibration enough that I do not experience any hand pain any longer, after long rides.

• Premium Member

Was it moved?
No idea.  Did a search.  Seems to have disappeared.  Maybe it didn't have enough FJ references in it.

• Supporting Member
My question is, is there any way to eliminate this vibration issue? 

Give it a few thousand miles, my bike is relatively new and I just hit 4,000 miles, it feels significantly smoother now.  I have a friend with an FJ as well and he bought his about a year before I did, my first question to him after riding the new bike was "does this vibration ever go away?".  So you are not alone in feeling the vibration. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived