Looking to buy and want any options

• Supporting Member
That's a fair deal, depending on how many other fees and charges the dealer tacks on.

Have them draw up a sales sheet that lists every fee, then look at the bottom line total and tell them what you want that figure to be.

When I bought mine at my local dealer, it wasn't the cheapest price but its a small family run dealership that I have used for over 15 years and they treat me like one of their own. They take care of me and that speaks volumes compared to some "mega-dealers" where I am just a nameless customer.

I would highly encourage you to take a test ride before making a decision. When I was shopping for a bike there were a few that I thought were "the one" until I took a test ride.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Power Yamaha in Oregon is advertising a couple of 2016s for $7999 with no added freight/setup. Oregon is not real close to Minneapolis, but you could bring up their website and use it for bargaining (especially if your local dealer is adding fees above the $8492 price).

I wouldn't personally pay a penny over $8000+state sales tax on a 2 yr old model. in other words 25% off and no freight, no nothing. 8500 better be the OTD price including your state's use tax. Otherwise he's just looking for some sucker to pay way too much.

He took off $500 off the base price when the bike was new , it is 2 years old. So now it all depends on you , if you're will to shop around and do some homework I bet you could get a better deal. But if you have money and don't care buy it either way you're going to love this machine...

• Premium Member
It should be noted that if one dealer can afford to sell a 2016 for $8000, pretty much any other dealer in that country can, too. Invoice prices are set by the distributor and are subject to change. Don't buy the dealer's sob story about the original $10,500 MSRP.

Stock sitting on the dealer floor is still owned by Yamaha, the dealer doesn't pay until you buy it. After you buy it the dealer pays Yamaha the current invoice price, which on a 2016 leftover is probably well under $8000 by now.

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250

I bought a lightly used 2015 with 6k miles for $6K, if that helps. I am very happy with it. Mint condition, no crashes, fresh oil/filter, no mods at all. It did have a new battery, as well. Rear tire was showing small amount of squaring off, but still has lots of life left.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived