First Tire Change, and ALL the Warning Lights Came on!?!

jason450xsm

I had the same issue once on a tire and brake change. I had all the same lights and when riding it would shutter and hesitate like it was in limp mode.

I had to go into the diagnostic menus and reset one value from a number to zero. I found instructions on this site somewhere I think. Or on the internet. Sorry I don't remember. The process took about 10 minutes and solved all the issues.

Good luck.

Pat

Problem solved! When re-assembling after taking the above pics, I felt a slight click as the ABS sensor seated in it's hole. I don't remember feeling that previously, so that might have been the issue. The CEL light was still on though, so I cycled the Off/Run switch a few times and took it for another ride. All lights turned off after a couple hundred yards and things seem to be back to normal. Thanks to all for your help!

Thanks for all of the feedback! 
Here are some pics.  I haven't played around with Diag mode but will go experiment a little this afternoon and see if I can see the pulses. 

- Jason 

ABS-5.jpg

Make sure the sensing units flange that the bolt sits against is flat against the support frame.  I put mine back together and had funny abs signals, when I took it apart I noticed that it was slightly bent.  From one of you photos, your looks the same.  I put it back together and have not had any problem. 
Happy to hear it is working correctly and the problem seamed to stem form the sensor.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I agree the sensor looks like it is on the piss, and the plastic casing is damaged from being pulled into place. I’d say it wasn’t home correctly and you pulled it down with the mounting bolt. Gently straighten the bracket and it ashould be close enough to read the wheel again.

I wasn't able to get into Diag mode by holding the TCS & Reset buttons together for 8+ seconds. Is there another way (I should just do a search, I know)?

You need to hold those 2 buttons down WHILE TURNING the key on. Continue to hold while the instrument cluster “boots up”.

Keep watching the RH square of the instrument cluster. After 6-8 seconds it will change to say: ECU. Release the TCS and Reset buttons briefly and then press them at the same time again, holding for 1-2 seconds. The RH Square side of the display will say: DIAG. Release the 2 buttons briefly and press and hold them for a third time, display will change and say Diag 01 and Data 15 (or 16 or 17, whatever the value is of the TPS with no throttle input)

That is diag mode. If you use the TCS button to advance to Diag 07, and Diag 16 you can then rotate the rear and front wheels to watch the value change. The specific value of 7 and 16 doen’t matter, what matters is that the numbers increase when the wheel is rotated.

I was wrong about code clearing, BTW. Getting my models mixed up. Clearing codes and monitoring what codes are stored is done in channel 60 and 61, IIRC.

Hope that helps.

Glad you were able to get that sensor installed correctly and solve the problem.

-Skip

Problem solved! When re-assembling after taking the above pics, I felt a slight click as the ABS sensor seated in it's hole. I don't remember feeling that previously, so that might have been the issue. The CEL light was still on though, so I cycled the Off/Run switch a few times and took it for another ride. All lights turned off after a couple hundred yards and things seem to be back to normal. Thanks to all for your help!

Did I not tell you!? Haha!

Glad that you got it sorted. Lots of people willing to help on this forum (as you've experienced) so let us know if you encounter any other issues.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived