• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

WhatsApp group

I don't actually know what "Whats App" does.  Or why it is an improvement.   shocked.png 
Sometimes I think l'm a luddite! sad.png 

I KNOW I'm a Luddite - these days don't even own a mobile/ cell phone!   ;)

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I don't actually know what "Whats App" does.  Or why it is an improvement.   shocked.png 
Sometimes I think l'm a luddite! sad.png 

I KNOW I'm a Luddite - these days don't even own a mobile/ cell phone!   wink.png
Smartphone ?  
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I KNOW I'm a Luddite - these days don't even own a mobile/ cell phone!   wink.png
Smartphone ? 
Nope - nuffink!   I know I'll get caught out one day, but as I lived without such things happily and successfully for well over 50 years I'll take my chances! 
(I recall my first encounter with a new-fangled mobile phone.   1991.   I was travelling on business with a guy from a client company, who had a mobile phone and didn't mind showing it off - they were very much a rarity in those days.   He offered it to me to make a 'test-call' to my wife, and I felt quite exposed and embarrassed, and deliberately went to stand against a wall in the airport so as to be less conspicuous!   Nowadays of course babes come from the womb clutching a Smartphone, tablet, laptop, whatever!) 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Smartphone ? 
Nope - nuffink!   I know I'll get caught out one day, but as I lived without such things happily and successfully for well over 50 years I'll take my chances! 
(I recall my first encounter with a new-fangled mobile phone.   1991.   I was travelling on business with a guy from a client company, who had a mobile phone and didn't mind showing it off - they were very much a rarity in those days.   He offered it to me to make a 'test-call' to my wife, and I felt quite exposed and embarrassed, and deliberately went to stand against a wall in the airport so as to be less conspicuous!   Nowadays of course babes come from the womb clutching a Smartphone, tablet, laptop, whatever!) 
So would that mean the smartphone, tablet, laptop would come with its own placenta? 

Smartphone ? 
Nufink wrong with that Wordsmith. My dad has an oldpush button flip open mobile and all he ever turns it on for is when he is out riding...
a. so mum can get him if she has a problem at home...usually rushing to the hospital
b. checking in with mum to tel her he's OK
c. we can checkin with each other when we are going on a FarRide

Otherwise, it turned OFF and tucked in a draw somewhere waiting for it's next adventure.....

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Nufink wrong with that Wordsmith. My dad has an oldpush button flip open mobile and all he ever turns it on for is when he is out riding... a. so mum can get him if she has a problem at home...usually rushing to the hospital
b. checking in with mum to tel her he's OK
c. we can checkin with each other when we are going on a FarRide

Otherwise, it turned OFF and tucked in a draw somewhere waiting for it's next adventure.....

Thanks, kimmie.   I shooda said that I always had a very ancient non-Smart mobile with me when riding, purely for emergencies but fortunately never used for such (and that was its sole purpose in life) but since then it has gone.   Another unwanted tentacle of this over-technologied life removed! 

I keep my dumbphone with me all the time. 

Sometimes I even turn it on.  Then call my wife so she can remind me what the number is!!!  :)

Joy of being retired.  You don't have to worry about customers and clients mad because they can't reach you .   And since the news is a never ending repeat .... I don't see any reason I can't wait to get home to read it on google.

Archived