Rear Fender for your FJ-09

Did you ever want a rear splash guard like the BMW GS series adventure bikes? I always liked that look, so when I saw this on Wish.com from China for $37 + $13 shipping (Canadian dollars) I took a chance on it. You simply remove the rear axle nut and the adjuster block and replace with this unit. The front of the mount is now the face of the chain adjuster were the adjusting screw contacts. The frame is solid CNC cut aluminum, and the fender molded plastic. Solid as a rock on the bike. Should help keep the rider/passenger dryer in the rain, as well as the guy behind you.

SPLASH_GUARD_BIKE.jpg

SPLASH_GUARD_CLOSEUP.jpg

All due respeck, one man's meat being another man's poison an' all that - hate it!    :-/

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
Never in the world I will replace an oem rear axle part for a piece bought on wish, that’s just me. I would constantly inspect it to make sure it has not started to crack or something.
I would suspect that the steel bracket is just as strong as any other metal part on your bike, no fear of cracking any time soon.   

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Never in the world I will replace an oem rear axle part for a piece bought on wish, that’s just me. I would constantly inspect it to make sure it has not started to crack or something.
I would suspect that the steel bracket is just as strong as any other metal part on your bike, no fear of cracking any time soon. 

I assure you there is quality in metal. Yamaha is using better materiel than a reseller on wish.

Guys, speaking a a tool & die maker for over 40 years, I can assure you this is made of solid aluminum about 5/8" thick, CNC cut and powder coated, both the main bracket and the 2 arms holding the fender. Regardless of who the retailer was it couldn't be made better if it came from Germany or the USA. This thing is solid and top quality. For all we know that were it did come from.

Thanks for posting @philbee, always good to see new farkles and then let others decide on whether they want it or not.

Can I just check: do you replace the chain adjuster housing entirely? Was it just as easy to adjust the chain as before? The OEM adjuster is too soft and I had to replace mine as the axle nut began to dig in so it might be worth keeping an eye on yours.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 4 months later...
Didn't nsmiller have one like this on his epic ride to the Arctic recently?   His excellent thread was titled "Husband and wife Kansas City to Alaska".

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

The 2018  MT 09 has a nice looking unit that includes tail light and license plate mount.

Anybody know if one of these can be fitted on an FJ 09 swing arm?  Really cleans up the back end.

MT 09 Rear End Picture gallery

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Archived