First ride of Spring!

Thermostick topped 50° and it was fairly sunny, so I dug the bike out of hibernation, washed it, checked the tires and went for a ride.  40 mile round trip to the lumber yard to pick up some fasteners for tomorrow's project.

Still a little cooler than I prefer, but it was TIME!  Plus the temps are going to dip back down into the 40's for the next few days, so it will be a while before I get out again.

At least they cancelled the snow forecast for Sunday...

Changing to spring does not make much difference here in sunny Southern California, just need fewer layers. Spoilt we are.

Last weekend, did a loop East and South of Santa Barbara. Carpinteria to Ojai to Santa Paula, Ventura, and back to Carp for a cold on at Rincon Brewery then home.

Today, I am going North. SB, to Lake Cachuma, then Foxen Canyon Rd to Tepusquet, 166 to Nipomo for Lunch then down Highway 1 back to the gaviota Coast. Nice combo of inland and seaside views.

Changing to spring does not make much difference here in sunny Southern California, just need fewer layers. Spoilt we are. 
Last weekend, did a loop East and South of Santa Barbara. Carpinteria to Ojai to Santa Paula, Ventura, and back to Carp for a cold on at Rincon Brewery then home.

Today, I am going North. SB, to Lake Cachuma, then Foxen Canyon Rd to Tepusquet, 166 to Nipomo for Lunch then down Highway 1 back to the gaviota Coast. Nice combo of inland and seaside views.
The weather is typically beautiful down there, I agree. But as a CA transplant buying a 1300sqft, 3 bed 2 bath w/ 2 car garage build in 2006 for $125k was more appealing :) 
PS, snow is on the forecast for tomorrow.

'15 FJ09

In Minnesota when we say we are waiting for the weather to clear, this is what we mean......

I have new brake pads, clutch cable, Ram mount, and digital USB charging adapter to install.  Stupid snow even has my bike barricaded in so I am unable to get it into the garage to tinker.  Better to have the vehicles protected in this weather anyway.  

img] <a href=https://s7.postimg.cc/jhcmolirf/IMG_1017_616.jpg' alt='IMG_1017_616.jpg'>

I had a chance to be out for the first time here in southeast lower MI, 75 this past Thursday. You guys wouldn't believe it but I was up in the UP of MI last weekend at our cottage and rode 350 miles on the sleds and they are still grooming! The forecast up there is snow for the next 5 days... It can be a long winter for them yoopers. My UP cottage neighbor goes to Arizona every other year for the winter to just get a break. They are in the sixth month of snow cover and season totals around 300+ inches!

I had a chance to be out for the first time here in southeast lower MI, 75 this past Thursday. You guys wouldn't believe it but I was up in the UP of MI last weekend at our cottage and rode 350 miles on the sleds and they are still grooming! The forecast up there is snow for the next 5 days... It can be a long winter for them yoopers. My UP cottage neighbor goes to Arizona every other year for the winter to just get a break. They are in the sixth month of snow cover and season totals around 300+ inches!
Latest weather report is winter storm warning as of this morning (4/16/18) 24"+ through Tuesday....cottage is in the middle of yellow triangle. 
johm_dee.png

Yea this was a long winter, I went for a ride yesterday it felt good . I took the Suzuki out since I changed the shock and tires, it felt great. One of my riding partners just bought a Ducati Street fighter. Of course we traded bikes that Ducati had a rough feel to it but powerful.

Archived