Possible 15' FJ-09 owner advice needed

All:

I'm an advrider transplant into this forum.

I've test ridden multiple bikes and I keep coming back to the FJ.

I have found a local dealer with a 2015 FJ, they have offered me 3K for my 2012 nc700x (awesome, bought it a year ago for 3k) are putting on the factory heated grips and less trade puts me owing $5855.00

This includes all additional fees PLUS tax and license / registration.

Do you all think this is a good price? The bike has about 35 miles mostly from me on a test ride. Other than the heated grips, it would be stock.

Thanks up front for your time and any advice.

Welcome to the forum @scubatater. I’m sure others will offer advice on cost, but there is a thread on price if you want to have a quick search. Heated grips are great.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I agree with Koth.. $8800 otd less trade in is on the low end of retail for sure. I paid $9300 otd on a new FJ in 2016.

I think at this point as, as @britelitebob was alluding to, you might be better off finding a used FJ that has all the extras already installed... or atleast use this prices as leverage for the new one.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
It's a reasonable price, especially if you consider you are the first owner. (some value that, others don't)

Once you're out riding, you won't be worried about a few $$'s

• Supporting Member
Also consider they are taking care of your used bike as a trade in so you dont have to hassle with listing it and then having idiots trying to gouge you down to $2200-$2300.
Its a done deal, all you have to do is sign some paperwork.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Also consider they are taking care of your used bike as a trade in so you dont have to hassle with listing it and then having idiots trying to gouge you down to $2200-$2300. Its a done deal, all you have to do is sign some paperwork.

I definitely agree with this.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Also consider they are taking care of your used bike as a trade in so you dont have to hassle with listing it and then having idiots trying to gouge you down to $2200-$2300. Its a done deal, all you have to do is sign some paperwork.
I definitely agree with this.
I also agree! Go for it, you won't be disappointed!! 

Hosed off the Nc700x, went for a final joyride.

Headed to dealer tomorrow, if all paperwork goes through, they will need 24hours for heated grips install (cure time on glue). Should be starting engine break in this weekend :D

Originally had a price point of a tracer GT in mind, so now I have $$$ for farkles. Looking forward to being an active member here.

Tater

Originally had a price point of a tracer GT in mind, so now I have $$$ for farkles. Looking forward to being an active member here.

Tater

so true... have you been lurking long? we the forum members have been trying to tell ppl nothing wrong with the old stock FJ-09 and as a bonus the $ saved will let you build the bike the way you want it ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
Hosed off the Nc700x, went for a final joyride.  
Headed to dealer tomorrow, if all paperwork goes through, they will need 24hours for heated grips install (cure time on glue). Should be starting engine break in this weekend grin.png

Tater
Hope all goes well and you get your bike! Let us know what happens.....

Same story with me. I live out in the boonies where buyers only want cruisers. My local dealer had a 2015 FJ-09 on the floor since 2015. It was driving him crazy. So he discounted it 25 per cent, and I bought it (traded in my V-Star 650) and picked it up six days ago. Zero kilometres on the clock. Full warranty. I was happy with the deal.

So far, I'm loving the bike.

***UPDATE***

Ended up making the purchase a few days ago, dealer went from 3K for the nc700x to 2600, (really needed a service plus tires, went with 2750 and a sweet new faster sons shirt.) All in all about 5600$ to own.

Already put 200 miles on it and all I can say is WOW! Don't have anything else to compare it to besides the Honda, but I'm really enjoying the ride with a few minor issues.

Most of this is covered down in this forum:

Fuel gauge is wonky, decided to use trip A fuel at 160 miles. (with bags I have 2 liters backup.)

It is super hard to lower the side stand, I keep getting caught on the center stand, or passenger peg. Not really sure what it is but I'm adjusting.

Last but not least, I took an hour drive on the highway on a few very bumpy roads, when I decided to fuel up I noticed my right handguard bar end attachment was gone. I pulled over and looked at the left side, it was able to come out by hand.

Called the dealer, they fixed it at no cost. Now I'm wondering if I should check every other attachment point.

Hopefully it was just the handguard attachment points.

Anyone here know what else to look for in regard to set up?

Archived