Golf Clubs

• Premium Member
Anybody tried carrying a few clubs? Looking to be able to carry a few clubs to ride and play a short 9 somewhere.
I have seen some guy that makes something for a Harley. Seemed a bit much for what I'm looking for.

Any thoughts or pics would be great.
Dan

• Premium Member
If I was making something, I would get a piece of white 5" PVC pipe, glue a cover over the bottom end, and strap it to the side of the bike. Maybe one end on the frame near the rear foot peg, and the 2nd around the framing around the rear seat?

slide the clubs in handle end first, and secure them with something to keep them from coming out in-route.

My preferred technique is a Harold. Harold was my golf buddy. We were 16, planning to go out for the school golf team, and we'd play 9 or 18 just about every day after school. The less expensive courses were miles away and the only transportation between us was my Suzuki GS400. He'd strap a bag over each shoulder and take the B position.

For the days I didn't have a Harold, just strapped it across my back.

• Premium Member

Posted by David
16 hours ago
If I was making something, I would get a piece of white 5" PVC pipe, glue a cover over the bottom end, and strap it to the side of the bike. Maybe one end on the frame near the rear foot peg, and the 2nd around the framing around the rear seat?

slide the clubs in handle end first, and secure them with something to keep them from coming out in-route.

Thanks! Got some tinkering to do.

• Supporting Member
Would you believe you can buy a setup? https://2x2cycles.com/product/moto-golf-bag-carrier/ I just googled. I'm not a golfer. But maybe they have a rig for the FJ-09?  
v-strom4.jpg

Well, at least its nice and aerodynamic... whats next? a surfboard rack? a mountain bike rack?

However, a VStrom on a golf course... 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Would you believe you can buy a setup? https://2x2cycles.com/product/moto-golf-bag-carrier/ I just googled. I'm not a golfer. But maybe they have a rig for the FJ-09? I think that's the one I've seen before. Not really what I'm looking for. Gonna go with pvc tube large enough for 4 or 5 clubs. For the normal local golf outing I use the car. Looking to carry a few clubs so I can play when I come upon a course during a weekend ride in the hills. Trying to combine a couple of hobbies.

v-strom4.jpg

• Premium Member
Would you believe you can buy a setup? https://2x2cycles.com/product/moto-golf-bag-carrier/ I just googled. I'm not a golfer. But maybe they have a rig for the FJ-09? I think that's the one I've seen before. Not really what I'm looking for. Gonna go with pvc tube large enough for 4 or 5 clubs. For the normal local golf outing I use the car. Looking to carry a few clubs so I can play when I come upon a course during a weekend ride in the hills. Trying to combine a couple of hobbies.

v-strom4.jpg
Must make it easy to pop a wheelie.............

• Premium Member
I've also seen bikes (mostly Honda GoldWing's) that tow a storage unit using some kind of hitch that attaches to the bike.

Never seemed like something I would want to do, but it might work for golf clubs.....

Screen_Shot_2018-06-15_at_9.54.04_AM.png

• 1 month later...
CB400_F-_Golf-_Cart.jpgThe ole Honda 400 Four. Had a 1976 that I rode from Louisiana to California twice. The 2nd time with a passenger. 72,000 miles before I bought a 1976 Honda 750. Last year of the single overhead cam on the 750. The good ole days.....

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

CB400_F-_Golf-_Cart.jpg

I wonder what the speed rating is on those bag wheels...  (rofl)
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Archived