Tracer 900 GT - UK

Guest yambiker

• Premium Member
Do you even have an FJ-09? 

Wait, so being frustrated when a bike wants to wheelie under full throttle in 1st and 2nd gear is specific to the Fj-09?  And here I thought that would happen with most motorcycles.  Silly me. 
The FJ's geometry and weight bias mean that the front end gets light quite easily. 
I figured that the (new) GT's longer wheelbase might help tame that.

That's why I asked.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Wait, so being frustrated when a bike wants to wheelie under full throttle in 1st and 2nd gear is specific to the Fj-09?  And here I thought that would happen with most motorcycles.  Silly me. 
The FJ's geometry and weight bias mean that the front end gets light quite easily. 

That's why I asked.
(It gets even more wooly with a passenger.)

• Supporting Member

That's why I asked.

You could also try a 43T sprocket on the rear, or add a link to the chain to adjust it further back.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

That's why I asked.

You could also try a 43T sprocket on the rear, or add a link to the chain to adjust it further back.

Adjusting it further back is a interesting idea.

I’ve thought about lowering the front a bit in the triple tree, too, or rotating the bars forwards and down.

• 2 weeks later...
I’ve also added my Garmin Zumo 395. Power hook up was easy using accessory plugs behind the screen, and ram mount in centre of bars fiits nicely without obscuring the display which I like a lot.

hi Vic - another UK member with 900 GT

I'm looking to connect GPS to auxiliary socket.  When I removed the screen there was a plate behind with 4 screws.  Done up so tight I was worried about stripping the allen key!  I gave up but will try again this weekend.  What connector did you use to plug into harness?

Hi John

If you remove that plate (and it did take some effort. I used a socket wrench with Allen key socket), behind it you will find a rubber boot with various connectors in it. One of the (gray as I recall) has a blank male connector. Remove this and you can connect the Garmin here. You will need the pins to fit in to the male plug, and make sure you connect it the right way round, as polarity isn’t obvious.

The connector is a male MT090 available on Ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-MT090-2-Pin-Auxiliary-male-power-connector-Yamaha-MT09-Tracer-MT07-Aux-Plug/202360040706?hash=item2f1d992d02:g:AL8AAOSw2C1amrZF. However, you only need the pins.

Should be an easy job once you get that plate off. When replacing worth using a little thread lock to ensure it remains tight.

Vic

• 3 weeks later...

Archived