Screen recommends

leo125

Hi All, I currently use my bike to commute to work, I am find the current screen quite noisy, could anyone recommend a screen for a 6 foot 2 person? I have checked the forums Google but finding everyone is different.

Anyways thanks

• Supporting Member
Earplugs and trial and error. Seriously, like you said, everyone likes something different. The screen is probably the most discussed and most disagreed on item on this bike.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
@leo125 - Welcome! As mentioned, this is a topic with lots of varying opinions. The one thing almost everyone agrees on is that the stock screen leaves much room for improvement.

Here’s a thought: Remove the screen entirely and see how it feels after a day or two. It sounds weird, but I actually prefer no screen at all to the stock setup. If it seems better to you, look into a smaller screen like the Cal Sci shorty. If not, you’ll probably be more satisfied with a fuller coverage screen like one of the Madstads.

I’m 6’2”, always wear earplugs, and come from a sportbike background. Combine that with the oppressive Texas heat, and I’m a fan of a smaller screen that gets my helmet in clean air flow. Your needs may vary, so read up on the options and you’ll find the right screen for your own situation.

The screen is probably the most discussed and most disagreed on item on this bike.
Personally, from extensive reading here I reckon that the OE seat is the most disliked item on the bike.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All, I currently use my bike to commute to work, I am find the current screen quite noisy, could anyone recommend a screen for a 6 foot 2 person? I have checked the forums Google but finding everyone is different. 
Anyways thanks

Correct, everyone is different. You'll have to choose one based on your preference and experience.

Hi,

I have the Parabellum 26 inch screen and really like it.  I am able to cruise at 75mph and not get buffeted or blown off the bike.  Bad air just clears the top of my helmet.

The screen is well made, precisely fit to the stock mounts and requires no mods to the handle bar hardware.

Have ridden 3,000 miles with it and so far very reliable.

I am 6' 2" and can get down behind it in rain.

Costs about $200 USD.

Recommended.

CB
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

I'm 6'4" and happier with my Givi than the stock screen. It looks proportionate to the rest of the bike with a top case and cuts down on noise by I'd say about 75%. It sends the wind to about the top third of my helmet and if I close the vents, the noise is tolerable without plugs.

Not perfect but a definitive improvement.

Archived