Wheel Switch problems

It can be reset, same way as resetting trip. Scroll, push button, when it starts blinking, hold button in.
Brilliant thanks, just been out and tried it.......Next question....how do I change it from gallons to litres? (Standard rules apply: I haven't read the manual)  :D 
If I go into the 'unit' option I can choose between miles or kilometres but can't see any option for gallons / litres. Now like many UK residents I buy my petrol in litres but our distances are in miles, I'm wondering if the only options are 'if you choose miles you get imperial i.e. gallons and if you choose metric (kilometres) you get litres? (Again I'm guessing, I haven't read the manual).

Any ideas peripateticmike ?

Cheers
Steve

Well my wheel switch problem is solved! User defect or bike defect??

Yea you guessed it, it was me. I was trying to push the button sideways or left as there is a little play there. I didn't read your responses very closely as several of you stated the push is forward or perpendicular to the bar.

I stopped by the local Yamaha dealer and a sales guy had me up and running in no time. None of them have seen the bike yet and several came out to check it out.

A bit on the cool side this morning on my way to work, so I cycled through the menu and turned the hand warmers on low. Life is good...

Sweet! Glad it's fixed! That's kinda what I thought you were doing. Happened to me the first time I went to use it, I had to RTFM. I hate RTFM!!!
Excellent! Another font of knowledge for us who never RTFM  :)   :) 
Cheers
Steve

• 2 months later...
Hi Steve,

Hope all is well. 

I don’t think the fuel used resets automatically. You select it with the wheel and then press the wheel until fuel used shows — .

I do this every time I fill up. I also show trip 2 on the same screen and reset this when I fill and generally show this screen as the fuel gauge is useless!

would be good for another UK breakfast meet some time. 

Best

Vic

PS Was riding in the Lake District last week. 

Archived